Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Just an email from EON they're actually reducing my DD, from £135 to £78 a month from january. Wow. I'm over £200 in credit and it keeps increasing so they've seen the light and adjusted it themselves usually you have to fight tooth and nail to try and get energy companies to reduce though they're more than happy to put it up and usually without asking.

Just an email from EON they're actually reducing my DD, from £135 to £78 a month from january. Wow. I'm over £200 in credit and it keeps increasing so they've seen the light and adjusted it themselves usually you have to fight tooth and nail to try and get energy companies to reduce though they're more than happy to put it up and usually without asking.
EDF did that to me, reduced my DD from £125 to £55. Just be prepared for them to put it up higher at the next review.
I'm paying £138 now.

£1/day on gas as well including SC apparently, didn't use the heating at all before November 1st, and I'm not really super-heating the house.

This is on Octopus tracker for gas.

hoZSqVZ.png

Some days don't need it, others it's 1-2 hours of being on, most I used was I think weekend we just had where it was on for a few hours as it was colder.

Trying to keep house above 18c when I'm actually up and about, it can dip lower overnight.

Last edited:
There's another "secret" saving session on Octopus tomorrow between 5pm-6:30pm, not sure if that's a balls up though as it says it's only supposed to be an hour.

Last edited:
I updated the app as it was nagging big time promising big improvements, to be fair is a few additions and now a octoplus page where I opted in to tomorrow, it says it will notify me, time will tell on that one, it didnt after I updated the app.

Does seem they abandoning emails for this.

Last edited:
I updated the app as it was nagging big time promising big improvements, to be fair is a few additions and now a octoplus page where I opted in to tomorrow, it says it will notify me, time will tell on that one, it didnt after I updated the app.

Does seem they abandoning emails for this.

Whatsapp notifications I think.

I tend to get alerted either here or via HUKD threads lol.

£5 a day here, can't do &&& all about it

Storage Heaters - No Gas - Eco 7

One bedroom bungalow
If you can afford it, install an air to air heat pump (air conditioning) in your main rooms (E.g. bedroom, lounge etc).

It will chop your hearing bills by at least 50%, probably more. Air to air heat pumps can usually achieve 4:1 without much effort.

If it’s got a loft space the install will be a doddle and you won’t even need any visible wall units as the air can be ducted into each room via small vents in the ceiling.

Edit: to clarify you’ll be buying leccy at peak rates which is why I’ve gone with ‘at least 50%’ and not the 75% energy reduction use that you should see.

Last edited:
If you can afford it, install an air to air heat pump (air conditioning) in your main rooms (E.g. bedroom, lounge etc).

It will chop your hearing bills by at least 50%, probably more. Air to air heat pumps can usually achieve 4:1 without any effort.

If it’s got a loft space the install will be a doddle and you won’t even need any visible wall units as the air can be ducted into each room via small vents in the ceiling.

Can't, council :(

They've already installed brand new storage heaters, double loft insulation and wall insulation.

Worst of the cold is coming from the Bathroom/Hallway. Front door is sealed from draft, but I don't think the air vent they installed in the bathroom is helping!

Just ordered some door sealing strips as there's deffo a gap around some of the doors intro living room

Can't, council :(

They've already installed brand new storage heaters, double loft insulation and wall insulation.

Worst of the cold is coming from the Bathroom/Hallway. Front door is sealed from draft, but I don't think the air vent they installed in the bathroom is helping!

Just ordered some door sealing strips as there's deffo a gap around some of the doors intro living room
Ah that sucks. Air to air is a game changer for properties like yours, shame the government don’t recognise it and includes it within their grant schemes.

It’s worth the conversation IMO.

Last edited:
Ah that sucks. Air to air is a game changer for properties like yours, shame the government don’t recognise it and includes it within their grant schemes.

It’s worth the conversation IMO.

I'm going to invest in some bits for the house, but hoping my £500 credit helps somewhat! Paying £80 a month

There's another "secret" saving session on Octopus tomorrow between 5pm-6:30pm, not sure if that's a balls up though as it says it's only supposed to be an hour.
I'm not surprised given those unit costs on Agile tomorrow :eek:

[Edit] It's not very secret either, it's on the front page of the App

[Edit] £4 per kW saved :eek: :eek:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom