Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
What you want is local costs fixed equally across the country though, not nationwide distribution. You want people in the south east mainly to subsidise the high costs of rural supply.
Perhaps it could be agreed if the rural NIMBYs all back off and let the infrastructure get built.

Associate
Octopus GO rates from July.

"The key things you should know are: From July 1 2024 your off-peak rate will fall to 8.5p/kWh, and you’ll gain an extra off-peak hour between 04:30 and 05:30am."

Go32wPV.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Octopus GO rates from July.

"The key things you should know are: From July 1 2024 your off-peak rate will fall to 8.5p/kWh, and you’ll gain an extra off-peak hour between 04:30 and 05:30am."

Go32wPV.jpg

Nice. Any update on octopus intelligent go? Will likely switch to it come Oct once flux stops making sense

Soldato
What hours is the off peak? :)
Intelligent official Offpeak is 23:30 to 05:30
But with intelligent, you often get more offpeak time, if you need to charge your EV outside of this. I've had offpeak starting from 22:30 and finishing at 08:30.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
Soldato
Regular Octopus Go isn’t competitive with Eon for most people, not sure why more people don’t move over to them.

Good news on the IOG though, it still needs an extra hour IMO to take on Eon.

Soldato
that standard charge is a p**s take though
its a post code lottery, my SC is "only" 48p

happy with the price cut obviously but still waiting for the other shoe to drop on the 15p export. i would not be surprised if that is cut to 10p.

price wise EON are offering some good prices however personally i like Octopus as they seem to constantly be the ones leading the way on the novel tariffs where as the others are just playing catch up.

Last edited:
Soldato
all I can say is I was with Eon before I was with Octopus and I had zero issues. Bills were accurate, on time and they direct debit was set at an appropriate level.

Under my current stint with octopus, I’ve had more issues than I have ever had with any other supplier. While they have dealt with it when I have contacted them, I shouldn’t need to contact them to send me a bill or credit me for my export.

Back
Top Bottom