Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Do you have a lot of kitchen appliances or server equipment?
Double fridge/freezer
Air fryer, which makes up 1kWh each day for dinner.
Don't use the microwave or big oven unless it's a big get-together.

I have a Unraid NAS, but it idles at around 20w, and peaks at 100w when in use (an hour per day tops).

65" LED for 2-3 hours per day, 42" OLED for 1 hour per day.

2 gaming laptops, but rarely run at full pelt (I haven't gamed in months, and wife only plays Stardew on hers).

I'm beating the drum on this because my usage really isn't abnormal at all.

Are you beating the drum on it as you have taken umbrage for your usage being called abnormally low or is it to lend support to any argument about how much the SC makes up of your bill (be that its too high or its right etc etc)?

EDIT: @200sols - as a comparison, what is your annual usage for elec/gas?

Last edited:
Are you beating the drum on it as you have taken umbrage for your usage being called abnormally low or is it to lend support to any argument about how much the SC makes up of your bill (be that its too high or its right etc etc)?

EDIT: @200sols - as a comparison, what is your annual usage for elec/gas?
Annual gas use is now about 13000kWh.

Electric consumption averages about 10 a day. But my actual import varies a lot. Yearly electric bill is negative anyway with solar.

Yea I think our baseline is about 200w/hr, or basically about 5 kwh per day.

We have solar though and particularly last few weeks as it's been sunnier we've been exporting way more than we've been using.

Particularly this week, we've basically paid standing charge and making about £1 - £1.50 per day exporting, standing charge factored in.

In fact checking the octopus app we've used 0.95 kwh this week.

However in the middle of winter it isn't uncommon that we will use 14 kwh per day.

Yea I think our baseline is about 200w/hr, or basically about 5 kwh per day.

We have solar though and particularly last few weeks as it's been sunnier we've been exporting way more than we've been using.

Particularly this week, we've basically paid standing charge and making about £1 - £1.50 per day exporting, standing charge factored in.

In fact checking the octopus app we've used 0.95 kwh this week.

However in the middle of winter it isn't uncommon that we will use 14 kwh per day.
I've used 62kwh this week so far on intelligent flux, my import is higher than in winter :cry:

Recent stuff I see is that most fixes are basically not going to save you much at all.
Plus risk locking you in with fairly hefty exit fees.

The prices are expected to go up for winter and down in summer, so if you fix now you could end up paying more than you need to in spring.
No easy answer.
I think they said on the TV just now you might save ~£5 a year lol. Already signed up for the new tariff as the old one expires shortly. Still a nothingburger.

Last edited:
I'm taking my chances and staying on a variable tariff. I may regret this decision, but usually fixed tariffs are priced slightly higher so the supplier can absorb costs should they be higher than anticipated.

I'm taking my chances and staying on a variable tariff. I may regret this decision, but usually fixed tariffs are priced slightly higher so the supplier can absorb costs should they be higher than anticipated.

Im still on variable but I just haven't had time to really look at all the info tbh

As a low user already, it's pointless. Only benefits those who have the privilege of electric cars. No point putting wash on at that time as half the sun is already gone so good luck getting dry.

Eh?

I can’t profess to be a washing expert but even I know it would have taken a few of hours to dry in Friday and Sundays weather.

It was warm, sunny and most importantly for drying clothing on a line, windy.

There was more than enough time to get a wash on, dry it, iron it and put it away before people fired up their BBQs for dinner.

Back
Top Bottom