Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Seeing comments about agile everywhere, its not like people were not warned they were exposed to 30 minute real time pricing.
Of course its not guaranteed, I have accepted this situation since I signed up to it.

I am also not about to jump off it in a panic, will just keep an eye on things, its still better than SVR and tracker rest of day.

But like you said there will people be going crazy over it.

Last edited:
Of course its not guaranteed, I have accepted this situation since I signed up to it.

I am also not about to jump off it in a panic, will just keep an eye on things, its still better than SVR and tracker rest of day.

But like you said there will people be going crazy over it.

It does appear recently (hopefully its temporary) that Octopus is losing its competitive edge on pricing. I hope they don't get greedy now that they have such a huge market share.

It does appear recently (hopefully its temporary) that Octopus is losing its competitive edge on pricing. I hope they don't get greedy now that they have such a huge market share.
They did change the algorithm at start of year for tracker which bumped its price, but this cost today on Agile is down to the market, still the same algorithm.

Seeing comments about agile everywhere, its not like people were not warned they were exposed to 30 minute real time pricing.
As I mentioned in my earlier post, I'm well aware and I've saved 25% vs SVR over the last 6 months. That said, most of the shock is just how high the unit price is, even for the short period.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I'm well aware and I've saved 25% vs SVR over the last 6 months. That said, most of the shock is just how high the unit price is, even for the short period.
Absolutely no question combination of tracker/agile has saved me a fair chunk since I started using them, its definitely been worth it.

There is a new forecaster on the account page, that indicates whilst tomorrow wont be great the pricing will be more favourable than today.

vsHJjVC.png

Last edited:
Hold off for a couple of days :p

According to the Octopus Watch app, I’m still best on Agile, with Go only £15 cheaper over 3 months than SVR…. buuut I have to wonder how much that is influenced by me charging the car during the day on Agile thanks to cheap/negative pricing. I wonder what average rate we’d actually achieve on Go if we were very strict on load shifting overnight. Probably still worse than Agile as we liberally use the dehumidifier for drying clothes :D
If these prices are sign of things to come it's probably not worth it.

Most of the time I've been watching agile it's definitely the better bet. But if this is a new normal it's probably a mistake. But will hold off I think for a bit and see if this is a new normal or a blip.

other than tomato - which is a relatively unknown - i still think intelligent octopus is as good as anything else out there if you have a compatible EV or charge point.

Also i think it is great that they are expanding their services... Everyone i have spoken to claim octopus do a really good job of installing EV charge points, and their heat pump installs seem decent as well. I also like the things they do such as sending out free electric blankets to the most vulnerable etc, which according to their CEO was cheap for them but generated a ton of good will and publicity.

so even if another company matches them, so long as they dont hugely undercut Octopus personally i will be staying with them because i like the stuff they are doing over and above just selling me electricity and if anyone is going to come up with the next "big" thing, i would put my money on it being octopus.

without octopus and their Kraken software i do not think we would be where we are now with intelligent electricity contracts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom