Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
Again, something else i hate to have to keep saying, we get 3% of our Gas from Russia. It's Germany who would be ****** (53% from Russia i think) not us.

Your looking at the potentional problem for the UK only, I am talking about the big picture here, not just the UK. Most of our gas comes from Norway correct? Should numerous EU countries run into issues, will we try assisting them or risk further trade issues down the line by refusing.

The sceptic in me thinks our political elite would do what ever they can to grease the wheels further in their favour at the expense of the general population, obviously the elites and their buddies would be fine still.

Christ we already have South West Water suggesting residents reduce their water use in order to ensure sufficient supplies are available for the tourists over summer.

Associate
I work with some people now who are just about getting by, come October after the rise there won't be the amount of money in there banks to cover the new DD. Its not going to be a choice for them.

Soldato
Non-payment is such a foolish idea, you'll just end up with debts which will be collected or you'll be made bankrupt and a pre-payment meter that you'll not top up as such sat in a dark cold house.

Soldato
I'll be up for not paying and just withholding the money in a separate account, I'm not fussed about credit score nonsense.

Well you will just end up in debt, and owe that money plus extra, a rip credit score which you really should care about unless you have paid off your house and have a shed load of money in the bank

If you don't like the price you should just turn it off, get disconnected

Soldato
Behave. Absolutely no concept of how lucky we all are.

The fact that oil and gas is expensive means that poorer nations are unable to afford it. It's a finite resource, and it's the worlds poorest that will suffer the most. That isn't us.
There'll be lots of people here for whom it will be very much a luxury once it's 3k a year.

Caporegime
Keep reading prices will be elevated for years. If this is the case, who knows what's in store.

I'd say utilities are a bit it affordable above 2k price cap.

Soldato
Behave. Absolutely no concept of how lucky we all are.

The fact that oil and gas is expensive means that poorer nations are unable to afford it. It's a finite resource, and it's the worlds poorest that will suffer the most. That isn't us.
There economies after less vulnerable as they are not as dependant

Soldato
If the war with Russia was to end, do we actually think energy prices will come back down to where they were and is the British government putting any plans in place for us to generate our own power in the coming years?

I feel like if things drag on the prices and tarrifs are unsustainable for a lot of the country.

Back
Top Bottom