Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

(deals get scrapped if the company goes under.)

for svr rate implementation - for those with smart meters they could have daily/weekly tiered charges based on usage,so you pay the standing charge but initial units are cheaper,
which benefits those lower consumers, who would then pay the same overall rate per unit as the 12000kwh average consumer.

government had alread granted 6 new oil/gas licenses prior to Ukraine, already posted.
after october cap revision I expect they will introduce the 3 month update - Russia situation, unknown winter weather and wind generation capability.

We were just talking about that here, we're getting rid of Disney, nowtv and Amazon prime. It's not that we can't afford them just that we don't make much use of them and the saving will offset some of the energy price increases.

I imagine many people will be doing the same too.

I hate the fragmenting of the streaming world. Its always good to have 2. But really doesn't seem to impact the price.

Hopefully some of these streaming services start to regret going it on thier own as people cut back..

For example I'm never going to pay for star trek. Just for star trek. But absolutely would watch it on netflix.

It was the svr that cost suppliers at the tail end of 2021 with the small fry

It caused too much disparity between spot cost vs cost 6 months prior. And the small energy firms ran on shoe strings.

Right now it's probably equal. Svr is lower than spot. Most on fixes will be on fixes lower than spot. as spot has increased so much.

If prices do calm down that's when those on svr will suffer and energy companies will make it back due to the lag

Except.. If more bargain energy companies pop up in the spot price decline and offer better fixes than svr people will jump ship.

Really. I think svr probably should be 3 monthly. For everyone's sake.

Most on fixes

Eon Next online V12 and Sainsburys Smooth Renew V12 got pulled last night and replaced with a new tarrif (V13 for each) which is fixing at £2700 per year at Ofgem average consumption due to the huge increase in gas prices again. In the next few days its expected that all sales tarrifs will temporarily be removed from the website for the forseeable future due to the volatility of the prices and the fixed tarrifs changing so frequently. Staff have been actively told to push back on new customer enquiries and advising them to stay with their current supplier.

I hate the fragmenting of the streaming world. Its always good to have 2. But really doesn't seem to impact the price.

Hopefully some of these streaming services start to regret going it on thier own as people cut back.
Completely agree there, I used to like nowtv for sky art and discovery but I only ever watched gold rush on there so it wasn't worth paying for discovery when they split away

Eon Next online V12 and Sainsburys Smooth Renew V12 got pulled last night and replaced with a new tarrif (V13 for each) which is fixing at £2700 per year at Ofgem average consumption due to the huge increase in gas prices again. In the next few days its expected that all sales tarrifs will temporarily be removed from the website for the forseeable future due to the volatility of the prices and the fixed tarrifs changing so frequently. Staff have been actively told to push back on new customer enquiries and advising them to stay with their current supplier.

You know its bad when the energy companies can't price a fix as the risk is too high!

I said somewhere else my friend took a 33p elec fix a few weeks ago.
Looked crazy then. But now? Maybe still right call!

My comments on discord this morning about this subject

My general thoughts at the moment are if you are risk averse and want to be able to budget then prob lock in asap but be aware there is a 50/50 chance of getting ****** hard for 6 months if prices fall.

On the reverse, you could ride the SVT until October on cheaper rates and hope for a drop but I still think there is a 100% chance you will be paying more than the current SVT come October but the big question is how much more.... could be the expected 30% more or could be 50%+ if trends continue. Might be barely above SVT... its a big gamble

I said somewhere else my friend took a 33p elec fix a few weeks ago.
Looked crazy then. But now? Maybe still right call!

Probably, even more so if it had a low standing charge.

If we are looking at another 50% price increase in October on top of the increase to 28p kwh in April then that's what, 42p kwh. I was paying 17p last year, its mental.

Probably, even more so if it had a low standing charge.

If we are looking at another 50% price increase in October on top of the increase to 28p kwh in April then that's what, 42p kwh. I was paying 17p last year, its mental.

Just in time for winter too.
Winter this year is going to be brutal no matter what. Just yet to see how bad!

August 2021 - was paying 15p and 3p
October 2021 - I'm paying 22p and 5p until August 2024
February 2022 - friend is paying 33p for 2 years (unsure of gas)
March 2022 - in not sure what the best fixes are!

As I mentioned before Eon Next V12 got canned last night and the V13 prices for my parents are below. They are locked until August at well under half these rates but i was curious to see what they would get if they locked today on the new prices

mY6J4Eq.png

As I mentioned before Eon Next V12 got canned last night and the V13 prices for my parents are below. They are locked until August at well under half these rates but i was curious to see what they would get if they locked today on the new prices

mY6J4Eq.png

So that's the latest fix. It's double mine from October. In both standing and unit.
And a third more expensive than what my friend took out in Feb!

The latest 1 year fix from Scottish Power is 55p a unit for electricity! (my supplier)

Unbelievable

I saw this appear as an option on thier account although i have no idea where its come from but i think this may be the pricing for someone moving to Eon Next from another supplier rather than the renewal price i posted above

D9E7VpK.png

I saw this appear as an option on thier account although i have no idea where its come from but i think this may be the pricing for someone moving to Eon Next from another supplier rather than the renewal price i posted above

D9E7VpK.png

Yeah I just tried with Eon and that's also what I got.

Just tried getting heating oils quotes....no suppliers available in my area and it's start a 104p a litre....and Tesco has no underleaded petrol left at 158p per litre...

Back
Top Bottom