Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

about 1% which becomes significant at 3k a year combine that with the government binning VAT and green subsidies and energy prices would be significantly lower. No company should be making massive profits out of this misery.

1% is £30 on £3k. They're certainly not making massive profits.

I believe EDF and EON Next made somewhere between £14-20 per customer last year which isnt gouging by any means. As with any business if costs increase its usually passed on to the customer.

The real problem is the wholesale costs and the lack of government reponse to softening the increases.. but dont worry if they cant help now they can 100% help if state ran.... because that changes everything according to folks on here
That was last year this year if they maintain the same profit margin which they all seem to be doing they will make 50% more actual cash the total sums of money are eye watering!

Cumulatively there are and £20 quid of that back to the consumer is £20 the government doesn’t need to find 1% of a massive number is a massive number! British Gas profits are up 45% year on year that is eye watering levels of doing over the poor!

You've lost the plot.

Companies are just becoming greedy. It's as simple as that. These companies DO NOT need to keep making this much profit. Stinks.

Won't be long and everyone will be able to turn off their heating.

1% profit is in no sense greedy.

What do they actually do though? The network operators look after the logistics of it all, energy suppliers are just call centres for billing issues.

You're free to terminate your supply and find your own souce of gas and electricity.

I can't renew for another couple of weeks yet (fix ends in May) so it wont show my new rates but putting some of the plans shown above into my sheet shows my bill pretty much tripling in monthly payment :eek::(

Standing charge going up almost 5-fold

Guessing I should buy some thermals for this winter

I can't renew for another couple of weeks yet (fix ends in May) so it wont show my new rates but putting some of the plans shown above into my sheet shows my bill pretty much tripling in monthly payment :eek::(

Luckily the weather should be getting warmer now, but next winter...
No hyperbole but people are going to die.

People on cheap fixes are in for one huge shock. The market is correcting, the days of unsustainable cheap deals are long gone.

1% profit is in no sense greedy.
This sounds great until prices jump massively, if A supplier was happy with a profit of say 150million last year then why should they need to make 300million this year just because the whole sale price of something has risen? These companies are doing no more work and adding no more value than last year yet they double there real world profits? Yes I hear you crying but it’s still only 1% which makes no sense why do the share holders get to double their return purely based on others misery?

Oh look just what we discussed ages ago on a few threads saying what they missed a trick on years back: https://www.theguardian.com/environ...nergy-plan-back-on-agenda-amid-ukraine-crisis

A major infrastructure project harnessing the vast tidal power of the Severn estuary is back on the agenda after the UK government said the Russian invasion of Ukraine had highlighted the need to find more secure sources of energy. An independent commission was launched on Tuesday to explore using the Severn estuary, which has the second largest tidal range in the world, to create energy.

Michael Gove, the UK secretary of state for levelling up, backed the commission, which comes 12 years after the government dashed ambitious plans for a 10-mile energy-generating barrage.

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom