Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Looking at the post counts by certain people here, I'd say they spend very unhealthy amounts of time bitching on the internet about all of their "problems". Obviously very unsuccessful. Thank God we do have the Bank of England making the decisions based on real facts.

I can see no other way of dealing with this other than capping the price rise at a lower level and government (ie us, long term) taking the hit.
Think so too.

Anything else is too complicated.

Maybe it will be capped at 2.5k or something. Who knows.

BBusinesses is another matter though.
They use so much (some) the cost to cap would be astronomical.and I don't see how you could ask the general population to pay

How will it be aid back? Only really in tax or future bills. Further tax on the producers doesn't seem popular.

Ie. 2.5k is our yearly bill for 5-10 years

Unless it comes from the energy producers its going to do significant damage to our long term recovery.

BBusinesses is another matter though.
They use so much (some) the cost to cap would be astronomical.and I don't see how you could ask the general population to pay

Because the general population will pay regardless.

It's a case of making us pay and losing established businesses, which will still cost the government, or supporting them until longer term (nuclear, solar, wind etc.) solutions can be created.

If every pub, restaurant, cafe etc. closes down it's not just a loss to the owners and workers. It's a loss to the government. All those people will go from net contributors to claiming JSA or similar.

For context, were I on JSA I could claim a maximum of £880 a month. My rent burden is £500, my standing bills in contract (internet, phone etc.) are £55. Water is £30 a month. Electric and gas are currently £100 and set to triple. Once that price rises that's £885. If I lose my job to this I would cease being a net contributor, I pay monthly about £550-700 in tax and NI, not even counting VAT. So the government would be losing out on £1450+ per month, per employee like me just so those people can live in abject poverty.

It makes far more sense to use that money to support existing businesses, unless their end goal it to gut them, buy up properties on the cheap and then further funnel money to the top 1% when(if) they become viable again.

Because the general population will pay regardless.

It's a case of making us pay and losing established businesses, which will still cost the government, or supporting them until longer term (nuclear, solar, wind etc.) solutions can be created.

If every pub, restaurant, cafe etc. closes down it's not just a loss to the owners and workers. It's a loss to the government. All those people will go from net contributors to claiming JSA or similar.

For context, were I on JSA I could claim a maximum of £880 a month. My rent burden is £500, my standing bills in contract (internet, phone etc.) are £55. Water is £30 a month. Electric and gas are currently £100 and set to triple. Once that price rises that's £885. If I lose my job to this I would cease being a net contributor, I pay monthly about £550-700 in tax and NI, not even counting VAT. So the government would be losing out on £1450+ per month, per employee like me just so those people can live in abject poverty.

It makes far more sense to use that money to support existing businesses, unless their end goal it to gut them, buy up properties on the cheap and then further funnel money to the top 1% when(if) they become viable again.

Its a tough sell. The cost (I have no idea) may be orders of magnitude higher than the domestic cost.

I read your posts and the replies in there... A difference of opinion is all I see. If you class that as being ridiculed then you are equally as guilty by "ridiculing" @jonneymendoza and his Linux skills.:

Anyways, off topic for this thread...
Well said. Thanks! I wasn't slagging him off! I was saying how end users shouldn't need to learn how to master Linux in order to install and play emulated games on a handheld device.

I suspect many will be using a steam deck to play video games rusher then there energy hungry pc or console with a TV

Back
Top Bottom