Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Convenience of a dishwasher far outweighs the electric cost.

Don't think washing machine manufacturers recommend running the ultra short cycles all the time, needs a longer hot wash occasionally to help clear out leftover detergent. Starts to smell if you let it build up
IIRC our Samsung washing machine reminds us to do a "cleaning cycle" every 90 washes.

Convenience of a dishwasher far outweighs the electric cost.

Don't think washing machine manufacturers recommend running the ultra short cycles all the time, needs a longer hot wash occasionally to help clear out leftover detergent. Starts to smell if you let it build up

Agree its like a magical storage cupboard to keep the rest of the kitchen tired:cry:. I still do some hand washing, mainly nonstick pans as it's possible for the none stick to get removed when dishwashing. Not sure we use anything like 11 litres, but then it's a couple of pans and I just put an inch or 2 depth in the sink, I don't prewash (usually).

A boil wash isn't actually 100C and probably not even 90C so if you think it kills all germs it doesn't. Hospitals use autoclaves with steam under pressure to get to around 130C can make things sterile.

60C and more washing powder is all you need. Or do what I do, face and hair first THEN dry my butt :) or you could make sure your butt is cleaned properly. hmm. you could eat your dinner off that.

problem is people soak towels after showers/baths - use a flannel first to mop up the water, also do at the swimming pool, much quicker turnaround.

dish washer : dish-washing goes hand in hand with cooking from scratch, where you have lots of opportnities to wash up as yoiu go - agree if you are uwaving meals then a dish washer might be helpful

problem is people soak towels after showers/baths - use a flannel first to mop up the water, also do at the swimming pool, much quicker turnaround.

dish washer : dish-washing goes hand in hand with cooking from scratch, where you have lots of opportnities to wash up as yoiu go - agree if you are uwaving meals then a dish washer might be helpful

Are you single as I'd kick off if I had to cook a meal from scratch and do the pots! It's one or the other!

100%

Who has time to constantly wash up all the time?

Only thing that is hand washed are non stick pans, ans wooden items.

I really want a dishwasher but in my entire life we've never owned one! Parents never had one and since I've moved out (39 this year) I've never owned one either! My girlfriend does the cooking and I do the dishes. Sometimes I might cook and clean but my meals aren't as good. :D

I can't believe people are restricting FPS to save energy costs as we are usually looking for the best GPUs to get the max FPS we can!

I'll keep saying it but I think we are in for some tough energy times for some time, 25 years maybe, then when nuclear fusion is cracked we will be swimming in energy!

Either that or some breakthrough in solar or gravity based energy creation.

I thought game players were often nocturnal, so could use octopus night rates.

I've done both many times and I'm not single.

yes - maybe if you have a massive kitchen, you, the scratch cook, can tolerate someone else in the triangle, but otherwise, them trying to wash up as you go, when you need to wash your hands anyway ... mutex lock on kitchen door.

I really want a dishwasher but in my entire life we've never owned one! Parents never had one and since I've moved out (39 this year) I've never owned one either! My girlfriend does the cooking and I do the dishes. Sometimes I might cook and clean but my meals aren't as good. :D

I can't believe people are restricting FPS to save energy costs as we are usually looking for the best GPUs to get the max FPS we can!

I'll keep saying it but I think we are in for some tough energy times for some time, 25 years maybe, then when nuclear fusion is cracked we will be swimming in energy!

Either that or some breakthrough in solar or gravity based energy creation.
Naaa bin off gravity. Like what had it even done for us.if you've seen the woman on reddit you'll know.

Does it really take that much effort? don't let it pile up and it doesn't look like a daunting experience, clean as you go.

But then you use more water. You can usually tell when you go to a house that hand washes as things like glasses never look as clean as when they've been in a dishwasher.

Does it really take that much effort? don't let it pile up and it doesn't look like a daunting experience, clean as you go.

Family.of 4 yes. It does. We're a busy household, and it means we get more time back with the kids, and to get on with other more important things.

Frankly a dishwasher whilst less efficient than heating up water from the boiler to do the washing up, it's probably not that much in it, and it cleans the dishes far better and is just convenient.

Back
Top Bottom