Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Scottish Power only showing three 12 month deals for me, all over £6000 a year...

An increase of £159 a month to over £500.... I'll need a call them, no way I'm paying that.

I wonder how many people would be better off going to prison, no decisions over heating or 3 meals a day there!
Would definitely be worth moving to Norway or Sweden first if at all possible before committing a serious crime, their prisons sound awesome compared to ours and you'll come out with more education, personal mentoring etc.

I will have to take a finer look into my vodafone contract, re previous page. Ringing Indian call centre is always bags of fun.

Has anyone round their way seen any reduction in petrol from the duty cut? Mine all seem about the same price.

My local independent went straight up to 1.69 during the initial hike from 1.50ish, then 3 days later dropped to 1.63. Guess they found people weren't stopping there.

Tbh i have no idea what prices are now. They were 1.40ish not long ago and i have no idea now as it seems everywhere varies radically.

Scottish Power only showing three 12 month deals for me, all over £6000 a year...

An increase of £159 a month to over £500.... I'll need a call them, no way I'm paying that.

Well, if you want a contract rate, you will.

Or you join the masses on the out of contract variable rate. and live on the price cap.

I can't work out if you're trolling or being genuine... a Hive smart plug costs ~ 80p / year to run. 6p a month...
He's had a string of posts pointing towards being a troll, but you never can tell.

If you've got a TV setup with a Nintendo switch, Sky Box, TV that automatically sits on standby, PS5 that usually ends up in rest mode, soundbar that people accidentally leave on, Sonos speaker, all connected to a power strip that goes through one of these, and you put it on a power schedule to turn off in the wee hours when you're not using it, the smart plug will draw less power than all those things on standby would've.

He's had a string of posts pointing towards being a troll, but you never can tell.

If you've got a TV setup with a Nintendo switch, Sky Box, TV that automatically sits on standby, PS5 that usually ends up in rest mode, soundbar that people accidentally leave on, Sonos speaker, all connected to a power strip that goes through one of these, and you put it on a power schedule to turn off in the wee hours when you're not using it, the smart plug will draw less power than all those things on standby would've.

Troll or grumpy old man

Consoles on rest mode use a fair bit of electric, don't even need it on the new ones as they boot up so quick from full shutdown. The amount of heat a Sky Q box gives off is just crazy, I measured the draw on mine before we got rid and it was around a constant 30w, bit higher when using multiroom.

Back
Top Bottom