Standing charge
24.63p a day
Contract start date
25th April 2021
Contract end date
24th April 2022

should have taken the 2 year deal:)

Caporegime
I watched that series, who'd have thought that building a nuclear reactor using the cheapest methods and materials would cause problems:p.

What's shocking is that the reactor design we had at Sellafield was even worse, we just got lucky! A reactor cooled by air which was pumped straight back into the atmosphere (which would have been completely unfiltered if the original plans had been used), the reactor set on fire for days and sent radioactive fallout over most of the UK in what is considered one of the world's worst nuclear accidents, I can't imagine what would have happened had those filters not been in place, which were at the time considered "follies". :rolleyes:

Fascinating watch, horrifying what risk the government put people at back in the day.

Soldato
Whatever peoples views on b****t, it's absolutely ridiculous to rely on other countries for the UK's power needs.

Like it or not, we are totally reliant on other countries for our energy needs. Gas power stations are powered by significant amounts of Norwegian gas with some from Mr Putin and a few others mixed in. Without foreign fossil fuels are power grid is dead.

The only way to stop being reliant is to stop burning fossil fuels, be that nuclear or something else. That said even our new Nuclear power stations are reliant on the Chinese so you can't win either way.

Switching is very easy nowadays through Uswitch, which usually gives you better prices than directly with the company and you can get cashback through Qudio/topcashback.

I have used Quidco and U-Switch separately, but can they be used together? Do they stack? The impression I have is that they are used separately. E.g. I used Quidco for changing internet/phone providers, and then U-Switch for changing the dual-fuel provider. I've never known to run something through U-Switch first, then run the same thing again through Quidco for a stack effect.

Soldato
I have used Quidco and U-Switch separately, but can they be used together? Do they stack?

No, do not use them together. Likewise some tariffs on Uswitch etc are not available direct and some providers on quidco direct you to a special quidco section of their site which may have more expensive tariffs on them to make up for the cash back. You really do have to tread carefully, the same also applies to insurance etc.

Soldato
Well I've locked in a new energy supplier. Managed to come across Sainsbury's Energy (E-on Next) it was only them and some company called Neon Reef who were even remotely competitive. Some shocking prices around at the moment. Managed to get away with 'only' a 30% increase in prices. Fixed in and no exit charges at least.

No, do not use them together. Likewise some tariffs on Uswitch etc are not available direct and some providers on quidco direct you to a special quidco section of their site which may have more expensive tariffs on them to make up for the cash back. You really do have to tread carefully, the same also applies to insurance etc.

Yes I thought it was too good to be true if both of them could stack.

Thanks for confirming :)

Back
Top Bottom