Energy Suppliers

Soldato
It's hard to see what effect the price increase had had on my bills as the wife now stays at home all day the heating being on 24/7 is new this year, but overall that's still a saving over the £40 a month she's saving in petrol.

My fixed plan comes to an end in January. Will just leave it at the capped price which is much cheaper than any fixed.

Same here.

No chance I am fixing at the stupid prices been quoted lol

Also:

We’re sorry, there are no plans available right now through Uswitch

Rising energy prices mean there are fewer cheap deals available right now.

Don’t worry, the rates you’ll roll onto when your fixed deal ends cannot rise again until 1 April 2022 as they’re protected by the energy price cap. If a better deal becomes available, you have no exit fee so you’ll be free to switch.

We’re working hard to get better deals available to you soon.

Soldato
Associate
It's hard to see what effect the price increase had had on my bills as the wife now stays at home all day the heating being on 24/7 is new this year, but overall that's still a saving over the £40 a month she's saving in petrol.

The arguments had over the heating with both the Mrs and I working from home the majority of the time.
We didn't do massive mileage and I'd say we are no better off, with the fuel savings cancelled out by the bigger gas and leccy bills.

Caporegime
Predictions of a 50 percent rise. Sounds on the mark.
Most of that is now baked in anyway I believe as its a certain period of time.

I'm still of the mind I made the correct decision going against what Martin Lewis and most said on here and fixing for 3 years at a price higher than the current variable.

I do hate this typical price per house hold. I wish there was a set unit/standing so you could compare easier

What are you guys on variable roughly paying per unit and standing?

Soldato
I'm going onto BG srv end on this Jan.
Electric
Standing charge:
23.770p per day
Unit rate:
20.317p per kWh

Gas
Standing charge:
26.123p per day
Unit rate:
3.987p per kWh

A two year fix takes it up to
30p electric
7.3p gas

Insane prices!

Soldato
Yeah my BG fixed comes to a end this month and I got the same fixed quotes.

I'm not fixing at those prices over the next few cold months, will go to default until cap is lifted, at least by then the heating and drier won't be getting used as much.

I wouldn't imagine the rise will be a kick in the arse off those fixed rates anyway.

Think it's time to look at making savings else where as much as possible, Do I really need a TV licence for instance?

It all feels like a kick in the teeth lately, we can suck the cost up but god knows how some are going to manage.

Associate
Predictions of a 50 percent rise. Sounds on the mark.
Most of that is now baked in anyway I believe as its a certain period of time.

I'm still of the mind I made the correct decision going against what Martin Lewis and most said on here and fixing for 3 years at a price higher than the current variable.

I do hate this typical price per house hold. I wish there was a set unit/standing so you could compare easier

What are you guys on variable roughly paying per unit and standing?

Currently on Octopus variable:

Electric:

Unit Rate: 19.81 per kWh.
Standing: 24.86 per day.

Gas:

Unit Rate: 3.78 per kWh.
Standing: 23.85 per day.

Not looking forward for the price increase in April:rolleyes:.

Soldato
We are now paying the price for stopping fracking.
Not at all, paying the price for fracking would be far worse than not fracking. (And that's from the energy provider employee, fracking will never be a good answer).

Fracking would have produced 1% of the natural gas used in the UK how is that worth the cost to the environment?

Soldato
Didn’t a lot of the US (where it all started) fracking operations shut down as it wasn’t all it was cracked up to be?
Yup, spiraling costs as well as spoiling natural water supplies and setting it on fire! (Literally able to set light to water coming out of your taps)

Back
Top Bottom