Engine rebuild help

Associate
Hi
My wife c class decide to die. The timing gears worn and chain jumped destroying the engine.
http://imgur.com/a/06Pcj

Found this company and they will rebuild my engine for 1800
http://engine-services.co.uk/

2. We have two branches one in Birmingham City Centre and near Luton.

3. The following process is done to the engine
New piston rings
New main bearings.
New big end bearings
All new gaskets and oil seals .
Cylinder head skimmed
Cylinder head pressure tested
Valves reground and reseated
Recon oil pump

New timing chain kit
New guide tensioner

5 working days

Any comments any experience with this guys?

Associate
OP
I need a rebuild. I don't have compression on 3 cylinder. I don't want a sh engine. Just wondered if you know the company

Caporegime
Don
Just wondered if you know the company

Don't know the company, but personally based on the website alone, wouldn't be somewhere I would want to deal with. (Looks too much like a generic template, very limited information, vague contact details e.g. generic email address, no individuals named, whole page devoted to payment methods?)

I need a rebuild. I don't have compression on 3 cylinder. I don't want a sh engine.

Maybe you don't want a second hand engine and do need a rebuild, but is it so hard to post some context/background.

An £1800 rebuild might be the best option, on a recent car (although as mentioned by Scania, worth looking into Dealer contribution etc), but on a 1993 W202 it's hardly the best option.

Soldato
I bought an engine in 2011 for my e39, complete engine will all ancillaries, key, ecu, immobiliser, loom etc for £300 delivered and fitted on my drive over a couple of days. Engine still running sweet as nut and I have a ton of spares from my original.

You haven't said what year or engine your car has so I don't know if this solution will cost a lot more or not in your case.

Caporegime
on a 1993 W202 it's hardly the best option.

1993? - If it's that old then dropping £1800 on a rebuilt engine seems a great waste of money, you may as well buy a replacement car for the same budget.

I'm with Slick tbh, I'd have thought £800 tops all in for a replacement should be doable.....

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Sorry i was to busy today, my child is poorly, my wife had a hospital appointment i was on the road all day.
My car is a c class 2005 1.8 sport kompresor with 89k. When i bought the car in may 2015 , the car was back up with 80% mb dealer. Also i have a c3 multiplexer to check the car, no errors on nothing till one morning. I start the car and it was running badly at idle. Check the ecu and i had a p0010 error and a misfire on cylinder 2 . Replace the coil pack and spark plus the intake camshaft sensor and no joy.
I brought my car to a garage and they told me the bad news ( i knew all ready is bad ).
They did a leak test and failed, they inspect the cylinders with a camera and some valves are bed, also a pice of the chain guide snap.
My local garage quote me £2200 just for timing chain, guide, tensioner, valves, head to be fix, and gaskets. Then i ask him what about all that metal from the gears and guide. He told me that he will remove the sump and see what is in there.
So in £2200 i will have just a 50% of the work done with no warranty.
A engine from a yard is a no as i will have same problems, and the cost will be on the same range...
I call them and they will colect the car on Thu. I will keep you posted.

Don
A engine from a yard is a no as i will have same problems, and the cost will be on the same range...

Not sure why you think it would have same problems? Surely get another engine and get the timing kit done when fitting.

Not saying a used engine is viable cost wise (as have no idea how much they go for from a breaker), but spending £1800 to rebuild what is a £4500 car (assuming similar to this http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eB...61301&category=9855&pm=1&ds=0&t=1452622263855 ) wouldn't be my first choice.

Back
Top Bottom