England vs India Test & ODI Series *SPOILERS*

Caporegime
Big Kev said:
India want to win the game and give themselves as much time as possible to bowl England out, so declaring when they did, gave them some time to take a couple of wickets.

We will have to break the world record to win the game now and I can't see that happening, it just depends whether we'll go for it or just try and bat the day out.

Just seen Sachin's dismissal, beautiful ball. :D

Which they didnt ir take a few wickets or one wicket before end of play. Saying that though, England are what?? 440 runs behind...so its not impossible for them to get that total...yes im being optimistic here but a few good century stands between the top 3-4 batters would change the game massively. Saying that though i think at best they will get a draw out of this if they bat the whole day out...but a few early wickets will mean ball game over imo.

That ball that got Tendulkar out was a pure beauty....even Sachin couldnt have seen it coming:p. Saying that tho, hes been bowling like a world class spinner...the amount of spin he was getting near the end of the day was amazing....his dismissal of KP in Englands 1st innings had me in stitches tho:p...KP really fluffed up big time there....utterly silly shot to play. But i guess it evens out ie KP got Dhoni's wicket and Sachin got KPs wicket.

Another thing i have to mention...Dravid and his batting display...:eek:...12 runs off 96 balls in 136 mins:eek:...surely thats gotta be a world record hasnt it??.

Im looking forward to tommorrow thats for sure, will be interesting to see if England can chase that total down...its not impossible altho very very difficult.

Soldato
Dravid and his team showing what a bunch of wimps they are deep down. Instead of showing a bit of a ruthless streak they took the easy and safe option. Had it been the Aussies they would have gone for the throat but India don't have that same attitude and that is why they will never make it to the top.

Still a good series win and something they should have won tbh as England had 4 of their 5 bowlers out. Still Khan and RP Singh bowled well. The batsman also for once applied themselves.

JohnnyG said:
Where were you? where were you? where were you when you were ****?;)

I'm always here and India have always been **** :D

Soldato
India all out for 184, a top class performance from England. Strange innings from India as when Tendulkar and Ganguly were out they looked really solid and up for it but as soon as Ganguly got out with some very lazy running India just seemed to self destruct. Still credit to England as the batting was top notch and backed up by the bowlers.

Soldato
The way the Aussies have always done India over is to squeeze the boundaries out and let India try to milk them for singles. Most of the Indian batsman simply can't play that way and sooner or later will give in to temptation and usually get out!

Man of Honour
Got back from the match, was a bit concerned by our slow start and to be honest the first half of England's innings was like watching paint dry. However against a laxidasical Indian field we were able to keep the scoreboard ticking over with 1s and 2s before a bit more expansive play towards the end. To be fair the outfield was also really slow.

India couldn't really recover from their early wickets and let the run rate get on top of them. I thought England were excellent in the field and the game was won after 25 overs.

Back
Top Bottom