England XI v India **spoilers**

Man of Honour
Yes this is the 'official' thread so don't post elsewhere;)

Fixtures:

March

1-5 1st Test, Nagpur
Scheduled start: 0430 GMT each day

9-13 2nd Test, Mohali

18-22 3rd Test, Mumbai

28 1st ODI, Delhi

31 2nd ODI, Faridabad

April

3 3rd ODI, Goa

6 4th ODI, Cochin

9 5th ODI, Guwahati

12 6th ODI, Jamshedpur

15 7th ODI, Indore

It's already looking shaky for us as Vaughan has had a recurrence of his knee injury, KP has injured his back & Collingwood has been having back spasms.
Ganguly has been left out for them & Sehwag has recovered from his injury.
There should be an announcement today sometime about the TV coverage. It seems Sky are out of the frame, so it could be PPV on Setanta, Zee TV, Sony or ARY. Seems really odd to leave such a decsision to this late a stage:/

Man of Honour
OP
Doesn't matter how good the spin attack is, without one we're buggered:)

Edit: It does seem now that Sky are favs to get it & are pretty much holding Nimbus by the short & curlies. That would certainly be the best result out of all the options, doesn't help MOT much though;)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
If Vaughan & Udal don't make it:

Cook
Strauss
Bell
KP
Freddie
G. Jones
Collingwood
Blackwell
S. Jones
Hoggard
Harmison

Doesn't look inspiring does it and that's assuming Collingwood, KP & Jones are fit:(

Man of Honour
OP
Owais Shah has now been called up too as KP is really struggling apparently, can you change the title to England 'A' v India now Kev:(

Edit: As Strauss has been put forward to most of the recent interviews he could well be in line for the captaincy if Vaughan doesn't make it.

And on a lighter note, Mark Ramprakash has joined my golf club after taking up the game recently:)
I'll try and get a pic or 2, but I'm not sure if I want to associate with a turncoat like him;)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
I know, we used 12 players during the whole Ashes series (Collingwood came in for the last Test), that's one of the reasons we did so well. I don't think we've been able to field the same team consecutively since:(

Man of Honour
OP
Yep I think Blackwell will definitely play, mainly for his batting as you say.
Plunkett will get the nod above Anderson (because he's been there a while) if we play 1 spinner & Udal above Monty if 2, because of his batting too.

Man of Honour
OP
I agree, I want to see Monty play & he is the future (hopefully) but his batting is pants & I can't see the selectors having the guts to play him. If we had a full batting line-up I hope it'd be different:)

Back
Top Bottom