England XI v India **spoilers**

Excellent stuff by Hoggard, I bet he couldn't believe the rain last night;)
Well played Kaif & Kumble though they've really made it in to an interesting last 2 days as I thought a draw was an absolute cert.
Monty really seems the genuine article:)

platty said:
Blackwell seem pretty much ignored bowling wise, bowled 7 overs compared to monty's 41.4. Plunkett for him in the next test?
I guess that depends what the Mohali pitch is like, but then again this one was suppposed to be a spinners paradise but the seamers have got the majority of wickets so far, so God knows really:)
Monty was acclaimed as a complete rabbit by all the press I heard before the match, but he isn't that bad at all, apparently he did a lot of work in the Winter on it. In fact, our batting line-up is longer than theirs;)

We'll definitely declare overnight, KP as good as said it in his post match interview, whether we can get them out depends on 2 things I reckon. Getting at least 2 wickets with the first new ball & Monty bowling well. I bet he can't believe the position he's in, debut Test & a real chance of helping us win, it'll be a big day for him.
As for Cook, I felt elated for the lad, amazing concentration & application for a 21yr old.
The best thing to come from the first 4 days is the fact that Cook & Monty know they can play at this level:)
It has to be said that India were poor in the field, that's tough & down to losing interest I think:)

I don't think they can get the total even if Sehwag & Dhoni fire on all cylinders. There's only been about 1000 runs scored in 4 days, so scoring another 100 on top of the daily average is nigh on impossible on that pitch. They've got the players to do it but I just don't think anything is in their favour.
There's no rain forecast 'til Monday either, so it's gonna be tough to get any help through the air.
Any other fools getting up at 4.30?:)

Fair enough, who's the bleedin' left handed seamer I remember seeing a while ago then?:p
He was good & I was surprised (glad) he wasn't playing to be honest.
They *could* of been cheering for Pathan, but it started immediately Dravid was bowled & no-one knew he was coming out to bat then:)

Zaheer Khan, that's the lad:)
Is he in the squad?

Edit: Just watched the highlights & the crowd definitely went mad as soon as Monty bowled Dravid, it was instantaneous & they had to be cheering him:/

Last edited:
Reports are that it'll seam a bit for the first 2 days or so, so Plunkett looks likely to come in for Blackwell.
Sreesanth is a doubt for them, he's got viral fever whatever that is.

Edit: VVS & Kaif are dropped too.

Last edited:
We lost Strauss & Cook early on after a delayed start due to rain then Bell & KP got us to 117 before Bell was bamboozled by Kumble. Then bad light took them off but they've just come back out again. I don't see the point in having floodlights if they can't use them :confused:

Edit: KP goes for 64, 157-4:(

Last edited:
India were all out for 338 & we're currently 55-3, where's the bad light when you want it?
Getting a bit worrying...

Edit: Now 88-4:(
In other news, Australia are currently 409-4 v SA off 48 overs, Ponting getting 164 off 105 :eek:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom