England XI v India **spoilers**

What a match, I was tempted to buy a few quid after the Aussies innings, glad I didn't;)
Over 870 runs in a day, that's obscene, so are Mick Lewis figures: 10-113.
Well played SA, unlucky Aussies:)

Oh well, can't really argue with the result as they played the better cricket overall but I think letting their tail add 100odd yesterday was the crucial factor:(
I don't think their confidence will take much of a beating really, they were on a hiding to nothing at the start & haven't really played that bad.:)
The pitch will turn at Bombay so Blackwell will probably come back in, but that means more help for their 3 spinners...

Thanks for putting us in Dravid :confused: :)
Bell openend with Strauss but he went for 18, Shah & Strauss are doing great now though, 156-1, they're both playing the spin really well:)
Middlesex:cool:

Edit: Shah's just got his 50...

Edit again: Shah had to retire hurt after tea (cramps) but Strauss has just got his 100, 176-1:)

More fun: 200-1, go Dravid, go Dravid....

Last edited:
All out for 279, so a handy 121 lead:)
We let the tail get too many again, but it's still a good position to be in...

**** it, Strauss is out already, 9-1:(

Now Bell too, 21-2

Last edited:
Udal, KP & Shah all went earlyish, but Collingwood & Freddie have dragged us up to 137-5, a 250+ lead. It's been really slow so far & we either need to step it or get bowled out if we're going to win this I reckon.

Just watching the highlights, an absolutely fantastic moment. Monty missed a catch off Dhoni (can't say dropped as he didn't even get near it) & he looked devastated & the Indian fans were ripping him for it. A couple of balls later exactly the same shot & batsman, this time Monty caught it & was mobbed by his teammates, stirring:)

Freddie got MOTM & MOTS, when you think of the players in the Indian side that's some feat. His captaincy has been good too, the only time it was a bit iffy was last day at Nagpur when they had a 20 over or so dash at getting the runs:)

The one dayers have started this morning:)
We won the toss & are fielding for some reason.

M J Prior, A J Strauss, O A Shah, K P Pietersen, P D Collingwood, A Flintoff, G O Jones, I D Blackwell, L E Plunkett, Kabir Ali, J M Anderson

Edit: 17-1 off 3, Sehwag gone already:)

Last edited:
Dunno really, Blackwell bowled quite well when he had the luxury of the fielding restrictions but he was the only option we had & to be fair to Raina he batted very well indeed under immense pressure.
The choice of Anderson above Hoggard is getting more annoying. He has talent & get's some vital wickets at times, but his accuracy isn't consistent enough & he seems to always be on the expensive side, he doesn't really score enough runs to cancel it out either.
KP matched Sir Viv's record of fewest innings to 1000 runs, he couldn't lace his boots but it's still a great achievement:)

KP, Hoggard & Batty come in for Shah, Plunkett & Mahmood.
We won the toss again & are batting, even we can't lose 4 in a row surely?

Edit: We probably will, Strauss gone already, 10-1:(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom