English League Football ** spoilers ** [12th - 14th November 2010]

Soldato
Everton denied a perfectly fair advantage and goal there! Lucky Arsenal.

Apart from the Saha handball ;) As he hit the deck he swept the ball into Coleman's path with his hand.

How was that not a foul!

Saha obviously fouled song!

Indeed, unless your now allowed to use the defender as a springboard!

Everton also took the corner very quickly, did Webb actually blow to allow play to start? He stopped it to talk to Sagna.

3 points mustn't grumble.

Caporegime
Really? I missed that. Guess it was fair then.

Clichy also stopped going for the ball as the whistle had gone, though he had a "did I just do a Gomes, did the whistle really go" panic moment right after he stopped though :p

Some awful ref'ing throughout, with no team having a real advantage in general, just useless.

FAbregas got a yellow card for having the balls to attack Distins studs with his ankle. Distin I doubt could have done anything but judging by Distins reaction he was scared of getting sent off as he did the "if I stay down maybe I won't get a card" thing.

Heitinga was a disgrace, he kicked Arshavin above knee level, then kicked him again above ankle height but I think missed the second one, that was after many needless fouls and a couple other nasty ones.

No idea how Song's "tackle" outside the box wasn't given as a foul, came no where near the ball, ref about 10 yards behind looking directly at it.

Chamakh's miss, my word, when you see a miss like that you can't help but remember back to the Kanu years :p

Caporegime
Apart from the Saha handball ;) As he hit the deck he swept the ball into Coleman's path with his hand.

Indeed, unless your now allowed to use the defender as a springboard!

Everton also took the corner very quickly, did Webb actually blow to allow play to start? He stopped it to talk to Sagna.

3 points mustn't grumble.

I thought that aswell, if the ref decide to call the player over to have a word, pulling them out of the position they would have otherwise been in, letting them instantly take the corner without letting Sagna get where he wanted to was just more bad refereeing. He was an utter joke today, missed a dozen fouls for both sides, and often gave the ones that were given completely the wrong way.

Don
Great save from Cech to stop Sunderland taking the lead.

edit: and Welbeck misses a great chance for Sunderland. Could have scored 3 times in the last few minutes.

edit2: Ivanovic had to go for that. There was no catching Welbeck there. Some of the decisions from the officials this week have been shocking.

Last edited:
Don
Apparently Ivanovic should have been red carded.

Yep. Welbeck was breaking through on goal and Ivanovic pulled him down. There was another Chelsea defender 10 yards to Ivanovic's right but there was no chance he'd have got across to Welbeck.

Chelsea are really riding their luck. Sunderland could/should have score 3 and be up against 10 men.

Soldato
Cech is keeping Chelsea in this at the moment, as a team they're playing really badly. Signs they're going off the boil?

edit: shocking refereeing there not to send off Ivanovic.

Back
Top Bottom