English League Football ** spoilers ** [12th - 14th November 2010]

Soldato
****ing bottled that one too!

I can't believe the two decisions Arsenal and Chelsea have gotten away with today.

Of course Man Utd don't get any....

It's not like Ashley Young got booked for celebrating in the crowd, the same offense as Vidic when he scored. I don't agree with it being worth of a yellow card, but if Young got one, Vidic deserved it too.

Or Brown who it could have been argued was last man for the penalty...

Just for a quick example.

Soldato
Of course Man Utd don't get any....

It's not like Ashley Young got booked for celebrating in the crowd, the same offense as Vidic when he scored. I don't agree with it being worth of a yellow card, but if Young got one, Vidic deserved it too.

Or Brown who it could have been argued was last man for the penalty...

Just for a quick example.

The reasons why Young got booked and Vidic did not have been covered above. The ref got it right - blame the rules not the referee.

Brown was the last man for the penalty? Watch the replay, Ferdinand was right there and would have won the ball cleanly had Brown not brought down Young unnecessarily. The ref got it right. Again.

Neville probably should have been sent off the other week but the first offence he was booked for wasn't even a foul. On top of that, Etherington was going nowhere and bringing him down didn't deny a goal scoring opportunity as with the two fouls today.

Soldato
OMG GUSTOV MAKING AN APPEARANCE WHEN CHELSEA ARE LOSING!

Anyway, Chelsea have been poor. Poor against Liverpool, Fulham and now Sunderland. Not in good form at the moment. Playing Ramires and Zhirkov in the same midfield is costing Chelsea big time. Malouda has been off form and Ferreira is DIRE, especially as a center back.

Sunderland deservedly 1-0 up and Chelsea should be down to 10.

The reason why Chelsea are playing so poorly today is because of no Terry, Lampard, Essien and Drogba and Malouda being horribly off form. As I say, Chelsea have been poor recently but because the defense is solid they have been grinding out results. With Ferreira playing CB...that's changed.

Last edited:
Soldato
He took it brilliantly. Elmander's was something else though.
Cool, because I wanted to say that Elmander's is probably my goal of the season so far, but I didn't want to be embarassed if Sunderland have just pulled off one better.

Absolutely stupendous footwork with the ball for the former. Mad.

Chamakh's miss, my word, when you see a miss like that you can't help but remember back to the Kanu years :p
Difference is Kanu would probably have lucked it in off his arse or something. :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
Zirkov, Ferreira, Ramires, Malouda just aren't even close to title winning quality. Ok, Malouda got a lot of goals last season, but his goals only actually made a 3-4 point difference to Chelsea last year, most of them were pointless and made no difference. He comes alive when Chelsea are 2-0 up, and is non existant when Chelsea are in trouble, his passing and movement have been attrocious in the last few games.

The further into the season we go the more and more Chelsea are missing Lampard, no Lampard, or Essien AND Malouda not being as flukey as he can be = problems for Chelsea.

I've always said their back up/strength in depth is almost non existant, the problem with that is(for other teams) that Lampard has been such a mainstay and missed so few games in the past 5 years it hasn't mattered as that much.

Back
Top Bottom