English League Football ** spoilers ** [21st - 23rd August 2010]

Caporegime
for a team with so much money, manchester city seem to have the best upcoming english talents also to boost their imported ones.

Hart and Johnson look world class.

Barry, Milner, Lescott and Richards are good backup players for the england team. How many decent english players do other EPL teams have? im sure ive probably missed out someone else at city. Onuoha is on loan currently to sunderland, he seemed promising but i dont know what happened to him. Bridge is okay as backup too for the england team, if terry quits.

Caporegime
Doubt Bridge will ever play for England again.

just read he has to pay £6,000 a month to his ex girlfriend in child support. until his 18th birthday Why does the kid need £6K a month? they werent even married so she isnt entitled to anything and i think £6K is excessive for a kid. She is a model so she will have a decent income. On top of that Bridge is 30, he will stop playing in a few years. The kid is less than 5 years old, so he has at least 13 years of paying £6K a month, or is it a percentage of income? Theres no way he could afford that when he retires.

Soldato
just read he has to pay £6,000 a month to his ex girlfriend in child support. until his 18th birthday Why does the kid need £6K a month? they werent even married so she isnt entitled to anything and i think £6K is excessive for a kid. She is a model so she will have a decent income. On top of that Bridge is 30, he will stop playing in a few years. The kid is less than 5 years old, so he has at least 13 years of paying £6K a month, or is it a percentage of income? Theres no way he could afford that when he retires.

he should've thought about that when he shot his load up her. besides, i'm sure there's a clause and the rate he pays is actually a % of what he earns at the given time

Soldato
Well if my maths is right then its around 4m which does seem a lot but he should be able to cover that especially considering that if he retires in say 4yrs he will have made 8m if hes on 40k pw after taxes.

Don
Well if my maths is right then its around 4m which does seem a lot but he should be able to cover that especially considering that if he retires in say 4yrs he will have made 8m if hes on 40k pw after taxes.

What School do you go to?

£6k per month for 18 years = just under £1.3m

Caporegime
Hehe that's pretty hilarious that you're going to slate Johnson on the basis that he didn't create enough crosses. You can't seem to get your head around the idea that a winger is on the park to do other things...

When you're playing as a left-footer on the right hand side, clearly your ambit is to cut inside, and thus go narrow, rather than getting to the byline and crossing it in. Add to that the fact that City's only striker and regular presence in the box during open play was the 5-foot-nothing Carlos Tevez, and it becomes clear that City's gameplan wasn't based around crossing it into the box! Jesus...

As for end product, well his threat cutting in and shooting on that left-foot was reminiscent of Robben, he was invovled in the build up for the first goal, earned the corner for the second goal and won the penalty for the third goal. Plenty of end product, considering they were playing Liverpool; 3 goals is a big margin of defeat for a team of their stature.

If Ashley Young had turned in a performance like that, you'd be spewing hyperbole like a drunkenaunt....

Thats pretty hilarious that you choose to completely misinterpret what I said, for about the billionth time so you can attack me.

Good for you, Johnson however didn't create many crosses however for the first time I've seen Johnson stayed INCREDIBLY wide which he rarely does, and he got to the goal line repeatedly, got a couple corners but still created very few crosses.

Normally you're right he does try to cut in, however you seem to forget, he cuts in, and normally/often crosses on his left foot or passes to the near post, thats pretty much what he's done in every single game, however, again I said END PRODUCT not just crosses, he produced incredibly few passes, crosses from cutting inside, and one of only a couple of effective runs into the box he, I really honestly can't decide, I think he dived, he was never in a goal scoring position, he'd almost tripped himself up on the edge of the box and was stumbling like a crazy man and tbh, stupid tackle that it was from Skrtel, he was basically still, with both legs on the ground at that point and Johnson rather made the most of the contact.

He had more of the ball than any single person on that pitch, yet did incredibly little actual damage with it. I've infact never once seen him get as far down the wing and as wide as he has in that game, not sure if he was told to do so more, or it just worked out that way, but despite going in a direction that would naturally lead to more crosses than usual, I don't think he delivered a single dangerous one. This would be my point, but why don't you again ignore all that and pick out the one cross I forgot about.

Its like Lennon who everyone was raving about in the City game last year, up against Sylvinho, who was back from injury, just about retiring, not match fit and didn't even try. Despite quite literally no opposition Lennon ran rings around him, the entire game focused down that side, and yet amongst probably 30 crosses/passes into the box almost all under zero pressure, he managed to make about 2-3 dangerous ones. It was a terrible performance and showed up perfectly how truly awful his final ball usually is, but because one turned into a goal, and because people thought he was simply skinning a player at ease(anyone on this forum could have skinned Sylvinho that day).

This johnson performance was much the same, he had ALL the ball and produced very little actual quality at the end of it.

Ashley Young will put in dangerous ball after dangerous ball, sometimes he'll cross, run into the box, pass, whatever, theres almost always end product ON TOP of the running the wing a lot.

Soldato
Nice to see loan boy Diouf grab a hat trick for Blackburn tonight, hopefully that prompts more starts for the lad

Don't know if he played tonight but shame welbeck didn't have a similar impact for Sunderland :(

Soldato
for a team with so much money, manchester city seem to have the best upcoming english talents also to boost their imported ones.

Hart and Johnson look world class.

Barry, Milner, Lescott and Richards are good backup players for the england team. How many decent english players do other EPL teams have? im sure ive probably missed out someone else at city. Onuoha is on loan currently to sunderland, he seemed promising but i dont know what happened to him. Bridge is okay as backup too for the england team, if terry quits.

Lets not be silly now.

Back
Top Bottom