English League Football ** spoilers ** [22nd - 25th October 2010]

Caporegime
I didn't say it wasn't a good performance, I'm saying that we had more than enough chances to score and if we were more clinical in front of goal it would have been over by half time. Where did I say we were hammering you again? There's no need to be so uber defensive.

Caporegime
As soon as City were down to 10, it just became a matter of time imho.

I thought City did well to last as long as they did.

T'was such a daft tackle for the red card.

Soldato
The odd thing was that it was an ordinary performance but Arsenal should still have scored more than 5, again being horredously wasteful

Also, Fabregas' first pass to Arshavin was not offside, should have been 1 - 0 a minute in

Soldato
I didn't say it wasn't a good performance, I'm saying that we had more than enough chances to score and if we were more clinical in front of goal it would have been over by half time. Where did I say we were hammering you again? There's no need to be so uber defensive.

Just the usual "City spends 100s of millions of pounds and still loose to an injury wracked Arsenal" rubbish. We lost because we had ten men, and your implying your victory was something other than a formality because you were injury stricken. Of course you should have won. Had we had 11 men for longer than 4 minutes I think we would have won. It's not sour grapes, just what I (and obviously Mancini) think would have happened.

I'm not sure where the hammering comment came from now though, I must have read it on another page and came back here to start typing :p

I honestly don't know why people are reading into this. You played ten men for 90 minutes of a 94 minute game. You don't deserve a pat on the back. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
To be fair, City did create an early chance but Fabregas cut your midfield and defence to ribbons with two passes inside 4 minutes, it's a bit presumptious of Mancini to state City would win with 11. The game would have been very different and it's impossible to say

Caporegime
Just the usual "City spends 100s of millions of pounds and still loose to an injury wracked Arsenal" rubbish. We lost because we had ten men, and your implying your victory was something other than a formality because you were injury stricken. Of course you should have won. Had we had 11 men for longer than 4 minutes I think we would have won. It's not sour grapes, just what I (and obviously Mancini) think would have happened.

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree. Nobody knows what will have happened, we'll just have to find out when you visit The Emirates. ;)

Soldato
I'm not saying we definitely would have, it's my opinion, I *think* we would have. I don't know if Mancini phrased his comments in a similar manner. If we beat you at the Emirates though I certainly wouldn't see the result being worse at home ;) Or if we just finish above you in the table, that'd do :p Now if you don't mind I'm going to reserve my hostility for those who deserve it, United fans :D

Soldato
Mancini thinks his team would have won? That's wierd from the Man City manager... oh wait...

On a side note, Arshavin is back on my screen Kill ;)

Caporegime
Mancini's a twit, and is no better than Hughes who had the same points by the 8th game as Mancini has this season, the side has FAR more quality and a lot more money, yet isn't playing any better.

As for Song, firstly I dispute the fact only 4 passes were unsuccessful, secondly, I actually commented on watching the game in the final 10 minutes Song(and our midfield in general) started to mostly just pass sideways with City done for and no pressure and said the stats will show something ridiculous at the end thats completely not in line with the game.

If he made 30 of those passes in the last 5 minutes, with no pressure when the game was over, just killing time, the stats won't tell the whole story.

Neither does it tell the story of what happened AFTER the pass, was it a worthless 2 yard pass to someone marked who then lost the ball? The fouls/tackles thing don't get included, which is something most stats don't do.

IE if you concede a foul with a bad tackle, it DOESN'T get included as a bad tackle, just a foul, which is ridiculous. He conceded 5 fouls last week according to that, but only have 2 lost tackles, most of his tackles result in a foul, very few result in simply losing them and the game playing on. Which means, the majority of his tackles end up as fouls.
West brom is about the only game that comes up with more tackles lost than fouls conceded, 1 conceded, 6 tackles lost, 5 tackles successful, so yet again he lost more tackles than he made, which is standard in every game he plays. The only difference against the Brum was him getting away with more fouls with lenient ref.

They had no bite in midfield, they didn't attack, Songs positioning for their few attacks was woeful.

If you went back and watched you'd see how many times he'd run between Clichy/Djourou with no City player anywhere near, while ignoring City players outside the box running in, which is where he should have been.

A bad game for City, changed heavily in the first few minutes. Their entire gameplan of way to many defensive players and counter attacking gets stuff when you go a man down so its not surprising.

How would it have turned out 11 v 11, honestly, who the hell knows. Frankly with Denilson, Djourou and Song on yellows, if they had 11 men and more attacking, I'd have put money on one of them to get sent off, Song/Denilson barely did anything in the second half in terms of tackles, had City had the players/11 men to push forwards, well odds are that more than half of all tackles Song makes are bad, as proven by those stats on the chalk board, so he had a stupidly high chance of being sent off.

I also get incredibly irked with the truly stupid, and illogical view that i dislike 3-4 players at the club, therefore I can't be an Arsenal fan, its about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Even more so as most of the Arsenal fans show a LOT more dislike for a lot more players than I do.

Not to mention my opinion of players doesn't change month on month, Diaby's crap, he's great, he's crap he's great, a season of Denilson is the best DM ever, followed by a season of hating Denilson, a season of hating Song, followed by a season of loving Song, hating Bentner, thinking he's ok, hating Walcott, he has one good game and suddenly he's great.

Song's crap and has cost us in EVERY big game we've played, bar none, unless of course you count City as a big game(which I don't, yet). Great players don't cost you every time the team is past a certain level. If you could win the title without beating or drawing on average half the games with the top 4 I wouldn't care, but you can't, so I do.

Soldato
I love that stats only matter when they are used by DM. He has to be a shoe-in for MOH this year. No one has made me laugh nearly as much, ever.

Back
Top Bottom