Enshrouded

Also picked it up tonight after umming & ahing for a bit, big Valheim fan so looking forward to this. Played palworld on gamepass & got bored pretty quickly.

95 hours in and I'm still unlocking blocks, armour, recipes etc.

I do have a break from the quests to add another building to my compound as I find new materials. Bit like Icarus you end up running around your various stations and crops catching up with production.

Far beyond early access just needs the bugs and some balancing to have a complete game. I tend to only die from misadventure.

I downloaded the BETA nVidia App as I wanted to try the RTX HDR with enshrouded. I tried it on the previous driver version via a hack but it just ground the game to a halt for some reason. Now with the official support in the App it works so much better than the Windows 11 Auto HDR. Worth a try if you have a HDR monitor.

I did post this before but I can't play Enshrouded without a ReShade to get rid of the terrible contrast (similar to Starfield). I can show the side by side benefit of that by simply toggling the ReShade on and off via the Home key interface. My monitor actually lightens it a bit more as I have the HDR affect enabled as well.

mrFFXo5.png

r8OY5IP.png

Last edited:
The Hollow Halls update is pretty good. New things to fight, new materials and new weapons. You explore a maze like building with lots of things to fight. You often end up big fights with 20 or so things at once.

Been thinking about picking this up to try and alleviate a gaming slump. It definitely ticks a lot of boxes for me. Are there things like boss fights etc in this? I'm sure I saw a video with some in it, but that was a while back and it's possible that I was watching a different game!

Also, what are the classes like?

Been thinking about picking this up to try and alleviate a gaming slump. It definitely ticks a lot of boxes for me. Are there things like boss fights etc in this? I'm sure I saw a video with some in it, but that was a while back and it's possible that I was watching a different game!

Also, what are the classes like?
Hi, yes there are boss fights. Classes fall into Mage (magic based) , Hunter (Bow based) and Soldier (melee based), but the comprehensive skill tree is more nuanced than that and also very flexible/configurable and importantly can be reset and other builds tried out.

I feel compelled to add the building in this is fantastic fun.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom