Epic is giving away big games for the next few weeks again

Associate
Am I correct in thinking that if I stop subbing to prime I loose access to the game?
According to the Prime Gaming FAQ, you still get access to all your claimed Prime games even after cancelling regardless of which Launcher; Amazon, Epic, GOG, Legacy etc.
Just not any new ones obviously.

Soldato
I think out of the collection I've got on Epic 95% were from giveaways and the only one I actually play is GTAV. Ghostbusters Spirits Unleashed is the only game I have bought on Epic and play regularly.

Caporegime
Such a stupid idea to make DLC/expansions ineligible for the 33% off coupon.

I was literally about to buy something and then it told me it was not eligible.

Yet somehow full games including the DLC are eligible, but if you already have the game and want an add on, it doesn't count.

So i guess they get no money :rolleyes:. I'll just stick to getting the free games only. Honestly, sometimes i think these companies want to fail.

Add-ons and DLCs are expensive/disliked enough as it is. To then exclude them from sales/promotions is just stupid.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah, I was going to do the same for Anno 1800 DLC but it wouldn't let me. So I just bought the Gold edition on Steam instead. Epic's loss.

It's stupid isn't it. It's often cheaper to just buy the deluxe editions of a game, even though you have the base game.

I was trying to buy the dlc season pass for escape academy, but seen as the 33% doesn't work, I'd probably be better off just waiting for a deep discount on the deluxe edition....

Associate
Yeah, I was going to do the same for Anno 1800 DLC but it wouldn't let me. So I just bought the Gold edition on Steam instead. Epic's loss.
If it works like Avatar does, it's added to your ubi account when you buy it on epic, so you could just install and run it through ubisoft connect. And they had pretty good deals on the ubi store for dlc iirc, bypassing Epic completely.

Associate
If it works like Avatar does, it's added to your ubi account when you buy it on epic, so you could just install and run it through ubisoft connect. And they had pretty good deals on the ubi store for dlc iirc, bypassing Epic completely.
Ah, ok. Never knew that was possible. But even so, not being able to use the holiday voucher on the Epic site made buying the DLC on Steam more cost effective, plus I got extra content into the bargain.

Associate
Ah, ok. Never knew that was possible. But even so, not being able to use the holiday voucher on the Epic site made buying the DLC on Steam more cost effective, plus I got extra content into the bargain.
Might have been more cheaper on steam than epic, buy Ubi had sales, plus an extra 20% off iirc. That said, it was still beaten by epic if you could use the voucher code - but not by much. Extra content though is always a win :p

I'm not sure if steam do the same thing, I imagine they do as I'm fairly sure Ubi games still run through their launcher even if they're on another launcher and so tie into your ubi account. If they do, having them on steam will be nice though, because, you'd be able to then take advantage of steam sales since it's on your account, and Ubi sales.

Back
Top Bottom