Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Is there a skype app available that will allow me to use my skype credit on my phone to call other people?

It works out cheaper to buy skype credit and use it to call India than it does to add a booster to my account.

Associate
Is there a skype app available that will allow me to use my skype credit on my phone to call other people?

It works out cheaper to buy skype credit and use it to call India than it does to add a booster to my account.

There was a Skype app but it was pulled at the beginning of the year, there was another app that could do Skype but Skype made them disable that function.

The problem is Skype are in bed with various mobile companies who have exclusive rights, in the UK its 3 mobile so unless you are on 3 you cant use Skype any time soon :(

Soldato
There was a Skype app but it was pulled at the beginning of the year, there was another app that could do Skype but Skype made them disable that function.

The problem is Skype are in bed with various mobile companies who have exclusive rights, in the UK its 3 mobile so unless you are on 3 you cant use Skype any time soon :(
If I were to obtain a 3 SIM would I be also need a 3 branded phone to be able to use skype?

I had the skype app on my g1 and I have noticed it is still available in various places online.

Associate
Can anyone suggests some PS1 games that run well on psx4droid?
Tried Wipeout, GT1/2 but they suffer from issues.
ta :)

Yes! However I've only got one game so far. But that was my old time favourite space hulk vengeance. Of the blood angels. Amazing game been gagging to play it for years. I was going to try driver last night but never got round to it.

Soldato
Is there any kind of process viewer that'll function kinda like your windows task manager where you can view what resources (cpu/memory) a process is currently using?

Edit: There is! Systempanel (for those that want it)

Last edited:
Associate
Is there any apps that blocks private/withheld numbers? Now i don't mind numbers i dont recognise but when i see "private number" it does my head in! :D

I think there is actually but I can't for the life of me remember the name. Not very helpful I know but at least you know you're not chasing a dead-end :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom