Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I've just been playing with Unified Remote and think it's fantastic, controls for all sorts of Windows things. Could see myself using this a lot to watch things in bed and listen to music etc.

Unified Remote
by Relmtech
10,000 downloads, 484 ratings (4.3 avg)
[/td][td]Free
rating9.png

This thing is awesome :D

Associate
Last edited:
Soldato
Just been using the new street view and wow that's impressive! Better than using it on a desktop imo. Meh, things like this make me want a massive screen, must resist the >4" onslaught...

Associate
Fails to install for me as well.
If you're running a custom ROM like OD or Defrost, you prob need to delete the existing Street.apk before you can install the new update.

You need to have the Android SDK installed on your PC;
Reboot your phone into recovery
Connect phone to PC via usb
On your PC, open a cmd prompt in the tools subfolder of the SDK folder
execute
Code:
adb shell mount /system
then
Code:
adb shell rm /system/app/Street.apk

worked for me :)

Soldato
I've been trying out a few of the apps in here on my wildfire and i have to say rockplayer is terrible! downloaded a short youtube clip and the picture jerked and the sound barely played! Then again it did detect the processor as 'slow' so just use the default player for vids :) JetVD is cracking though.

Soldato
If you're running a custom ROM like OD or Defrost, you prob need to delete the existing Street.apk before you can install the new update.

You need to have the Android SDK installed on your PC;
Reboot your phone into recovery
Connect phone to PC via usb
On your PC, open a cmd prompt in the tools subfolder of the SDK folder
execute
Code:
adb shell mount /system
then
Code:
adb shell rm /system/app/Street.apk

worked for me :)

If you're on deFrost, just flash the new streetview zip listed in deFrost setup.

Caporegime
Right just installed street view there.

Although we had this before did we not :confused:? Except it was slightly different.

You just touched the screen until the wee pop up of the address came up and you would click on it and then just choose street view which is exactly the same after this update.

The only difference that I have noticed in this is the wee peg man :p, you don't have the arrows for choosing what direction you go in now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom