Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Does an official national rail application actually exist? I keep reading new reports about one existing but can't find it on the market, even though protected applications are now showing.

I know unofficial ones are about, but I want an official one with the same functions as the iPhone variant.

it keeps going up and down from the market for some reason. some legal problem i think

oh and fox , there is a total call timer . atleast there is on 1.6 and i cant see why theyd remove it

Associate
Just found a nice app for replying and browsing forums, its called Tapatalk!

Works with AVForums which I use a lot, would be great if OCUK would support it!

Find it so much faster and less strenuous to navigate than typical browsing.

This might be the first Android app I will buy!

Last edited:
Caporegime
What is everyone using to remove ads from apps?

I'm sure Khaaaaaannnnn posted one, but I can't remember what he said.

Phonalyzr is a very good app, thanks for posting that up kona. :)

Associate
What is everyone using to remove ads from apps?

Anyone got any apps for screen capture?

I have apps for both, but both require root, I'm not sure if there's another way to do the ads without root, although I do believe you can take screen shots with adb, but that's a pain

For those with root I'm using shoot me and and ad free :)

Soldato
I've asked this a couple of times(without replies as usual) but has anyone tried playing videos on the bbc iplayer on the skyfire browser? I've tried but it doesn't work, the radio seems to work ok(only tried 5live so far).

the livetv on the beebplayer seems to be down now plus the quality isn't the best for the videos(as well as for the livetv on the older versions).

also tried tvcatchup but the video loads upto 25% then get an error message, that has been mentioned on the forums on their(tvcatchup) site but no solution so far.

Associate
I've asked this a couple of times(without replies as usual) but has anyone tried playing videos on the bbc iplayer on the skyfire browser? I've tried but it doesn't work, the radio seems to work ok(only tried 5live so far).

the livetv on the beebplayer seems to be down now plus the quality isn't the best for the videos(as well as for the livetv on the older versions).

also tried tvcatchup but the video loads upto 25% then get an error message, that has been mentioned on the forums on their(tvcatchup) site but no solution so far.

You're asking questions about something new and shinny that most people have never heard of, be patient ;) Also, as said early this thread moves and a fair old pace, so its easy for single comments to get lost, its not that we hate you.... much :p

I did read a review of skyfire showing similar results to yours, my theory is its because you phone is broadcasting that its a phone, not a PC, therefore iPlayer won't work. That's my take on it anyway.

If you think Skyfire is bad stay away from Fennec for now ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom