Essential iPhone Apps

Soldato
Is that a US app?
Ah git, it must be only US.

I've read good things about Waze, Not used it myself though..

Waze is everything that traffic reports should be. It's fed by the users themselves, you see a crash and report it on Waze and even take a picture "three lanes blocked but clears up after Exit 134."

I absolutely love it! Nothing like waking up in the morning and dodging all the traffic or checking your phone to find if the traffic is clear after the next exit. It does have a SatNav feature but I've never used it.

So does this work in UK too?

Soldato
Associate
Does anyone know if GPS apps use up data? I cant work this out! I want to use a popular GPS app in new zealand but don't want the data costs.

Soldato
My dad is going to Tenerife soon and he will be taking his iPhone. Now to buy the map for his TomTom is just ridiculous to use for one week so I am just wondering is there an app he can use that will give him offline maps or something? just so he can get around Tenerife.

Soldato
My dad is going to Tenerife soon and he will be taking his iPhone. Now to buy the map for his TomTom is just ridiculous to use for one week so I am just wondering is there an app he can use that will give him offline maps or something? just so he can get around Tenerife.

it's a tiny island which you can drive round in a day you can't go wrong seriously you just can't :D

Great fun driving up and over the mountain just bring some sweaters as it can be very cold and probably have snow on it this time of year?

Don't know about any apps for it though.

Now onto my reason for being here.

If you like podcasts delete the 3G data chewing buggy apple app and get your teeth into downcast. It's a great podcast app and has many more features than the apple version and it also works and doesn't steal your 3G data on the fly :D

Associate
Struggling to find the right app to play MKV files via my MBL NAS.. anyone recommend one? Quite a few of them have no AC3 feature aswell hmm.

Also I guess there isn't an app that can play these files directly from the archive (rar) most likely not right? I could do it on my Android phone but since making the change to an iPhone that's one feature I do miss.

Back
Top Bottom