Essential iPhone Apps

Associate
Air Video is great but you need to run the server on a PC not a NAS. AVPlayer supports AC3 but not streaming. You're right that most apps don't have AC3 due to licensing issues. If you're willing to have a PC on then use Air Video.

Associate
Air Video is great but you need to run the server on a PC not a NAS. AVPlayer supports AC3 but not streaming. You're right that most apps don't have AC3 due to licensing issues. If you're willing to have a PC on then use Air Video.

Works well when lying in bed with my ipad/iphone. PC is on pretty much 24/7 so no worries here

Soldato
Hi all,

I need an app/website recommendation. At the moment if I browse the web at work and find an interesting article I'll email myself the link. I figure there must be an app I can use that I can email and it'll add it to a list of things I need to look at or do? Checking my email for a list of stuff is a bit basic and not very flexible.

I was thinking maybe Evernote or something like that might work?

Thanks

Associate
Hi all,

I need an app/website recommendation. At the moment if I browse the web at work and find an interesting article I'll email myself the link. I figure there must be an app I can use that I can email and it'll add it to a list of things I need to look at or do? Checking my email for a list of stuff is a bit basic and not very flexible.

I was thinking maybe Evernote or something like that might work?

Thanks

Firstly, if it's mainly text you're interested in with a few pictures (i.e. not video / flash contect) then use Instapaper. You can use a javascript bookmarklet to save things from any browser, phone, tablet.

You can then either access them via the free Instapaper website or the excellent iPad/iPhone universal apps and read them offline if you desire.

I'd recommend Instapaper first, but if you decide that's not for you or need multimedia content then using the Chrome browser on your iPad/iPhone and your home PC you can synchronise bookmarks.

Back
Top Bottom