- Feedly
- Downcast
- Clear+
- Moldiv
- Over
- PDF Expert 5
- Tweetbot

Caporegime
Just noticed EA games on offer! Simcity seems decent and no in-app purchases is a bonus. Red alert is tempting too!!!

star_wars_its_a_trap.jpg

You'll have to use Origin!

EDIT: WTF. This isn't the PC games section!

Soldato
Anybody got a recommendation for a budget/expenses tracker?

Need to be able to set a starting balance, add repeating incomes and expenses etc. Give basic reports. Would prefer something for the iPad.

Soldato
Works well when lying in bed with my ipad/iphone. PC is on pretty much 24/7 so no worries here

You should give 'Wake On LAN' a try, there's free iphone apps to remote boot your PC from anywhere in the world with an internet connection... so you can save a bit of power by popping your PC into sleep till you need it.

All you need to do is assign a static IP to your PC, then setup your router to port forward your choice of port ... that's it! The app (I use RemoteBoot) just needs your global IP address and job done son. Windows 8 systems have issues remaining in sleep but you just disable 'wake on lan pattern match' in the network properties and you're golden.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Doesn't seem to be many decent games out for the IOS recently. I think most of them these days are all Freemiums, which has totally destroyed the gaming community.

Soldato
Any downcast users, what makes it better than the new official podcast app?

lol where to start. (I didn't keep it long after it chewed through 800MB of downloads over 3G :grr)

The official app is buggy it will not sync it will say it's downloaded then re-download over 3G if it doesn't completely download with wifi it will eat your data downloading again, if you delete all the episodes it will delete the podcast folder and you'll have to search for it again. It randomly locks up 1/2 way through podcasts.

Check the apple community for full list of bugs which apple doesn't seem to care about.

Downcast has quite a few features which I'm not sure the official podcast app has, abililty to create playlists change the play order oh and the option not to download over 3G actually works ;)

BTW just got LOTR and STARWARS lego for the phone and ipad .... great games...

Soldato
Thanks for the explanation jas, I'd succumbed to work a around for each of the issues. I found unsubscribing from my podcasts were the best method, then manually selecting four episodes to download for buffer worked perfectly. I

t's not enough of a chore to stop me from using it and paying for a different solution but I bet if I tried it I wouldn't go back.

Soldato
On the same setup here and same issue. I did read somewhere that 7.0.6 fixed it to a certain extent but for what its worth i'm not updating just for that. I'll live with it

You would be crazy to not update to 7.0.6 with the size of the SSL security flaw it has patched.

Back
Top Bottom