Essential PH-1

Man of Honour
Other than titanium, it's just any other high end phone. Which for me misses on so many levels.

I hope eve (crowd design tablet) make a phone once their tablet is being sold as their tablet although some large to surface is just better all round.

Associate
I'm in the market for a new phone, current contact is up in October, and came across this in my searching.
Quite like the look of it tbh. The reviews I've read say the camera doesn't actually intrude that badly on the screen when you're using it.

The thing that does stand out is no waterproofing or wireless charging which, for a high-end phone these days, is pretty standard. That and the camera doesn't seem to be getting good reviews, but that could be software rather than hardware as 1 reviewer mentioned they got a software update 6hrs prior to their deadline and actually noticed a decent (but not S8, Iphone comparable) improvement in image quality.

Will be interesting to see how it stacks up against the Pixel 2.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm in the market for a new phone, current contact is up in October, and came across this in my searching.
Quite like the look of it tbh. The reviews I've read say the camera doesn't actually intrude that badly on the screen when you're using it.

The thing that does stand out is no waterproofing or wireless charging which, for a high-end phone these days, is pretty standard. That and the camera doesn't seem to be getting good reviews, but that could be software rather than hardware as 1 reviewer mentioned they got a software update 6hrs prior to their deadline and actually noticed a decent (but not S8, Iphone comparable) improvement in image quality.

Will be interesting to see how it stacks up against the Pixel 2.

Its been said there will be a kind of wireless charging which uses the magnetic pins on the back where the 360 camera would go.

Soldato
It's a shame to hear such reports, I think we need more competitive players in the Android OEM arena.

We need an OEM that can compete both with Samsung on the hardware and design front, and with Google on the software front. I'm not really a fan of the bezels on 1st gen Pixel, and Google still fall short in Bluetooth performance and features. Seriously Google, taking until Android 8.0 to implement Aptx?!

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Saw that earlier, shame as this was a strong contender for my next phone if the camera was any good...

Man of Honour
If this had an IPX rating, and a decent camera, then I'd be all over it. Oh and not forgetting a bigger battery and 256GB storage option...

It's a shame to hear such reports, I think we need more competitive players in the Android OEM arena.

We need an OEM that can compete both with Samsung on the hardware and design front, and with Google on the software front. I'm not really a fan of the bezels on 1st gen Pixel, and Google still fall short in Bluetooth performance and features. Seriously Google, taking until Android 8.0 to implement Aptx?!

Not just aptx though, aptx-hd, among other codecs as well. It took many many years, but at least it supports them all now, and you can choose which codec you want to use from Developer Options in Settings.

If you want the hardware and software being top shelf, then the Pixel 2 XL is going to be the one to keep an eye on I'd say.

Its been said there will be a kind of wireless charging which uses the magnetic pins on the back where the 360 camera would go.

It will just be a docking station like on phones of old (think Xperia Z3 style).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom