Essential PH-1

Soldato
I've installed all of my usual apps and battery life seems to be around twice that of my S9. Not sure how much of that is to do with the device, and how much is to do with Pie. Currently using as my daily driver and even contemplating selling my S9, which I wasn't expecting when I ordered the Essential. Better signal, better battery - if only it had a headphone jack!

Soldato
I've installed all of my usual apps and battery life seems to be around twice that of my S9. Not sure how much of that is to do with the device, and how much is to do with Pie. Currently using as my daily driver and even contemplating selling my S9, which I wasn't expecting when I ordered the Essential. Better signal, better battery - if only it had a headphone jack!

What sort of screen on time do you see normally from each device?

Soldato
Good question! I'll check on my usual commute today - 3 hours on train/tube. With the S9 I would be lucky to get 15 hours in total (I can't remember screen time). With the PH-1 I'm easily getting into the next day so far.

It would be good to compare to the Pixel 2 I'm currently using.

beh

beh

Associate
Got mine yesterday. Similarly finding signal to be good, might be benefiting from volte.

10 hours since charged and it's on 87% battery. Would normally be on ~60% with my old phone.

Soldato
What sort of screen on time do you see normally from each device?
Today I'm on 21% after 29 hours since the last charge, and 4 hours 5 minutes screen time. That includes 6 (shortish) phone calls as well.

It's like night and day vs the S9 where I'd be getting 15 hours with my normal use, even with power saver turned on.

Soldato
Today I'm on 21% after 29 hours since the last charge, and 4 hours 5 minutes screen time. That includes 6 (shortish) phone calls as well.

It's like night and day vs the S9 where I'd be getting 15 hours with my normal use, even with power saver turned on.

Sounds quite similar to the pixel SOT. Good going. It was a toss up between the essential and the pixel2 at the time for me but being fairly new and unavailable in the UK I went for the Pixel. Hopefully their next one (if they release one) is released early in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom