Euro Truck Simulator 2 worthy of purchase

Caporegime
What’re everyone’s favourite countries to drive in? I think I like Italy the best. It’s got some great scenery. France probably next as it seems to be the only one where you can go 90kph.

Don
This is the first game I've acquired on the PC for years, great fun so far! Thanks @Digital X for the list of mods, I'm currently downloading the majority that you recommended.

I need to sort my controls on the G29 as I'm currently driving one handed whilst using the mouse and keyboard :) - anyone got any recommendations for the best way of doing this? Currently none of the buttons on the wheel do anything.

Don
You're welcome. I may do a more revised list of mods if/when they need it.

Unfortunately, I went all in and got all the mods you recommended rather than implement in a staggered fashion, my game was crashing on loading so there is something there that it doesn't like. I have disabled them all apart from the next gen graphics mod until I can start eliminating the offending one.

Soldato
What’re everyone’s favourite countries to drive in? I think I like Italy the best. It’s got some great scenery. France probably next as it seems to be the only one where you can go 90kph.
Northern Scandinavia, Russia (Karelia) and Iceland on ProMods. Unfortunately keeping ProMods going is a running battle between the official SCS updates breaking it and the indie devs playing catch up.

Soldato
@Andybtsn Could you screenshot then Imgur your mod load order top from bottom please? Just the list on the right hand side.

Push comes to shove, load JUST the maps, test each mod, then test EACH mod EACH time you load the game, by adding 1 at a time. I know it will be long but it does help.

Don
@Andybtsn Could you screenshot then Imgur your mod load order top from bottom please? Just the list on the right hand side.

Push comes to shove, load JUST the maps, test each mod, then test EACH mod EACH time you load the game, by adding 1 at a time. I know it will be long but it does help.

Sure, I'll do it now.

Edit: Strangely enough, it's working now. I tidied the mods folder up and maybe that helped. I will give it a bash now to check all is okay.

These are the mods I have: If you can recommend any changes/additions then let me know :)

Thanks

ACI6oRr.png

Soldato
@Andybtsn Is Project NG 2.0 working for you? Damian made it a paid mod now, so the thread on SCS Forum was locked, and now he is working on an ATS version. His Project NG has a specific load order too. I think you can remove the "Project NG all in one" .zip as you have the needed .scs files there.

As long as it works though thats good.

Recommended:

Maps

Promods
Rusmap

https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=29618 Load order for maps.

Trucks

DAF F241 by XBS https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=264917
Roman Diesel by MADster https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=251801
Scania 143M by Ekualizer https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=187840&hilit=ekualizer (is a bit iffy on 1.37)
Mercedes Benz 1519/1934 (Will have to search incase the link appears dodgy to the Forum software but it works fine)
Kenworth K100-E by Overfloater (Steam Workshop)

Associate
Might be buying this game soon. My 13yr old son wants a Logitech G920 wheel for his gaming PC, and in September when he returns to school his PC will be sat in his bedroom being unused. It would be a shame for his PC and wheel to feel lonely, so I might buy ETS2, pull up a chair, hitch up to a trailer and go for a drive.

Associate
Any suggestions for some good malware software for my sons gaming PC please, especially if I buy ETS2 and download some mods? Doesn't W10 have Defender built in, should I be buying additional protection?

Caporegime
I haven’t bothered with antivirus for a few years now, Windows Defender seems to do a good enough job. I run the free version of Malwarebytes once a month or so to make sure nothing has slipped through.

Back
Top Bottom