Europa Universalis IV

Soldato
Naples is pretty easy and if I hadn't screwed up I would have had Italy formed pretty swiftly. Most nations seem to default like Naples for some reason so you can get powerful allies. Apart from the Papacy who can excommunicate you and cause issues you have an easy expansion into Italy excepting perhaps Milan (who are only difficult with the right allies) or Venice but they can be handled if you can deal with their navy. You then have huge income streams as a lot of powerful nodes terminate in and around you so realistically you only have a real challenge once Italy is in the bag.

If it wasn't for my clanger it would have been a really successful and relatively easy game.

Soldato
I know this will have been asked in here before, but the size of the thread makes the answer hard to find... you know what's coming! How does this compare to the CIV series, and would a die-hard CIV fan enjoy this?

Associate
I know this will have been asked in here before, but the size of the thread makes the answer hard to find... you know what's coming! How does this compare to the CIV series, and would a die-hard CIV fan enjoy this?
As a fellow CIV fan, I'd say yes.
It's a very different experience with it having such a strong focus on the complexity of managing the juggling act of keeping everyone happy through diplomatic relations, trade and war but once you've gotten used to the fundamentals it's a fun experience.

It's much more of a slow burn game as progression takes more time and depending on your actions, you'll have to spend time at peace to not get every nation around you to crush you.
Whereas in CIV you can often just eat up every nation without as much worry of massive coalitions of nations throwing down the hammer for your aggressive behaviour.

Soldato

If you are picking it up I would recommend doing so now as there are a few expansions you need to get the best from the game and it can be blinking expensive when it isn't sale time.

Associate
Not sure there's much of a benefit for doing so really, no new missions or achievements and the ideas are better and worse in different ways :)

Trying to go for the British mission completion after just getting all of the horde achievements.

Soldato
Bought it a few years back but never got round to it, think it would be a bit too complicated for me. I am playing crusader kings 3 though and thats really enjoyable and i cant wait for more content to come out.

Back
Top Bottom