Poll: European Grand Prix 2017, Baku - Race 8/20

Rate the 2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
Maybe he'll apologise to Hamilton for accusing him of brake testing rather than just admitting he dozed off at the wheel.

Soldato
So if in a red car, this year it's now ok to not start in your grid box and hit your main rival twice under safety car conditions.

And possibly pass the leading car under safety car conditions, while having a road rage fit.

GG FIA!

Soldato
That's fine by me. I thought the 30 second penalty was fine at the time, and was only less acceptable due to Hamilton's headrest coming loose.

I could have got onboard with an additional grid penalty for Austria, but I thought a DQ for such a minor accident would have been over the top considering the penalties of other recent deliberate crashes (see Maldonado).

So if in a red car, this year it's now ok to not start in your grid box and hit your main rival twice under safety car conditions.
I'll say it again - there is no such thing as a grid box, or any other term, in the regulations. The 'box' aspect is only a visual help for the drivers.

V F

V F

Soldato
Vettel finally takes responsibility and admits his actions, apologises, gets off scott-free with no meaningful punishment. What a corrupt, spineless, surprise. Makes FIFA look like a paragon of virtue and honesty. I think I might be done with F1.

Heh, no you wont.

Soldato
Are you saying drivers can start anywhere along that line? :confused:
I'm only saying that there isn't any reference to any box or anything stopping a driver from positioning himself outside of that box (or wasn't - but it will be in a different colour if it has been amended since).

I assume that as long as he's parked along his line (so not obstructing fellow competitors) then it is OK, but I guess it was clarified in the following driver's briefing.

Soldato
Heh, no you wont.

I've only watched one race this year, though I've followed the results. It's only a small step to not bothering if the "sport" is corrupt and the racing is rubbish most every race. I've watched F1 since I was a kid, now I'm wondering why I bother - only to realise, I'm barely bothering as it is.

Soldato
I'm only saying that there isn't any reference to any box or anything stopping a driver from positioning himself outside of that box (or wasn't - but it will be in a different colour if it has been amended since).

I assume that as long as he's parked along his line (so not obstructing fellow competitors) then it is OK, but I guess it was clarified in the following driver's briefing.
How far does that line extend though? To the middle of the track? I always thought you had to be in your box.

Soldato
There's no such rule. Vettel was investigated by the stewards who found he'd done nothing wrong. The subsequent drivers' briefing suggested that if this was repeated then the stewards would reach a different conclusion. I'm not sure if a rule has been implemented but a warning has been given and precedent set.

Transmission breaker
Don
I actually think the post race response is the worst of all the offenses. Yes, he got off lightly with the in race penalty for causing a collision, but his attitude afterwards was quite simply unacceptable. Petulant brat does not cover it.
Total disdain for the sport, governing body and fellow drivers.

The FIA have set a precedent, and it has said loudly that losing your cool in a race car (and acting on it) is ok. It is not.

Can we see the minutes of the meeting anywhere?

Caporegime
Lol no further action, so the clearest ever rage crash results in a 10sec stop go. Is there even a point in having a dq rule.
Not only that the penalty was choosen when ham had his problem and they saw it would leave them side by side on track. I really do dispear with so much of F1 politics and rules.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/130540/four-key-questions-from-the-vettel-verdict

I've been saying for a while it's become WWE on wheels which is disappointing for those who remember the old days when it was about pure racing.

If it had been the penultimate race you can bet the FIA would have DQ Vettel from Baqu so that they went into the last race on equal points, they enforce rules based upon what they think is the best for 'show'.

Man of Honour
I've been saying for a while it's become WWE on wheels which is disappointing for those who remember the old days when it was about pure racing.

If it had been the penultimate race you can bet the FIA would have DQ Vettel from Baqu so that they went into the last race on equal points, they enforce rules based upon what they think is the best for 'show'.
yep all though such nonsense did take place in the past, like when Senna was DQ. I thought they were getting better in that regard but still incompetent. Bu obviously just had a lack of opportunity. Now its incompetence and wwe.

I would love to give up on f1, I tried the other year but they didn't capture me either, I want a technology and driver series and that's sorely lacking, even FE I was so excited about haven't opened up their regulations like they initialy planned.

Back
Top Bottom