** European League Thread (Spain/Germany/France etc) **

Caporegime
Looking like Sevilla are going to end the rather amazing unbeaten run Real Madrid have been on under Zidane. 3-1 up with 10 mins to go. Still plenty long enough to get a couple goals but doesn't seem too likely.

EDIT:- press to post and a penalty was given about 5 seconds later. 3-2.... Ramos again and he chipped it down the centre the confident ****.

It's cup, and second leg and I think now 5-3 on aggregate to Real so they've rested players but still might lose the streak, which was 39 unbeaten going into this game.

Last edited:
Caporegime
40 games unbeaten. This run is ridiculous, winning the CL, did they win the supercup, Club world cup and have a great chance at the title with a strong lead on Barca as well as a game in hand.

Crazy amount of times they've taken a win or a draw when behind with 10-15 mins to go as well as they've done again tonight.

Caporegime
Real playing Sevilla again but in the league this time. Ronaldo starting, new formation and the last bunch of games between these two have had a silly amount of goals, something like 5 games average per game in the past 10 games.

Both playing excellently recently, the 40 game run still going, 3 more games to match the best ever run in europe seemingly.

EDIT:- Game over, amazing equaliser late in the game by Ramos as usual, but Real lose. Sevilla a point ahead of Barca still and a point behind Real though Real have a game in hand.

First half had no real quality, no goals, neither offence did anything. Second half, clear as day penalty, scored, idiot player trying to scuff the penalty spot then acting outraged when a football touched him with no pace on it. Great come back, could have fallen apart after the goal bit didn't and a deserved win really.

Same Real we see now and then, ball stuck in midfield, no good interplay upfront, the ball didn't stick with any attackers and the midfield was far far too slow. 5-3-2 was a huge mistake and terrible subs to go with it. You can't get away with a midfield of Kroos, Modric and Casemiro, no where near enough pace, Kroos way to slow offensively and wingbacks too deep to offer enough support. Benzema was dire with almost every touch in the first half though made one great cross. They need that third attack with pace to actually help pull the defence apart. Zidane has been fantastic since he took over but his decisions for this game were terrible.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yup, sounds like a horrible leg break in the Barca game too, and I got the impression another couple bad ones happend around europe.

I only saw one replay of the Isco tackle, it didn't seem overly nasty and the angle I saw I thought he'd broken his thigh bone potential as it looked like Isco came in with his knee to upper leg, then he went down and he has a clear break around middle of the shin.... Marcelo looked like he was going to hurl. I remember players looking like that with the Ramsey break, absolutely horrible.

Caporegime
jonneymendoza;30495430 said:
Isco broke his leg?

Isco smashed into a guy on the other team, the other guy got his leg broken. It just looked strange, Isco came in hard with his leg up and it looked initially like Isco's knee went straight into the guys upper leg, but it was his lower leg that broke. I think it was just angles and weirdness, but after seeing the end of his leg at the wrong angle I didn't want to see other replays. Same with Ramsey, see it once is enough, once I realise what I'm seeing that's quite enough, don't need to see multiple angles of a leg dangling off.

Back
Top Bottom