** European League Thread (Spain/Germany/France etc) **

Soldato
That's awful from the ref. It's one thing to give a player a yellow if you think he's deliberately tripped you, it's another thing entirely to kick out. I'd hope that Ligue 1 suspend or sack him.

Barca are now the only unbeaten team in the top five European leagues, they look really impressive and should improve further once Coutinho settles in. What's impressive is that Valverde seems to have brought really good balance to the squad. Paulinho is looking like a great signing for a small fee, Coutinho will add further quality once he settles in and they could yet get Griezmann. It's a frightening prospect for Europe's big teams. Also, I don't like to say I told you so but I said three or four years ago that Messi would have the better career longevity and that Ronaldo's physicality would take its toll on him, and it looks like that is starting to happen.

Soldato
Yeah you're right about Dembele coming back in as well, once he gets a run of games he could be a really exciting player. I guess we'll see how good Barca are if they come up against someone like City, PSG, etc in the Champions League, but personally I think this Barca side is better than the Luis Enrique managed team that contained Neymar. Maybe the front three isn't quite as good, but with Paulinho and soon Coutinho they have much better balance as a team imo.

Back
Top Bottom