Euthanasia

Associate
Ive always thought that people should be able to make a choice. If i could fill in a form now, when of sound mind, and specify the terms at which i'd like to be put to sleep, i'd do it right now. I think its bonkers that people go through all they do. They could make it opt in, or opt out, just like organ donation. I cant imagine that if asked, anyone would choose to live with severe dementia or in serious pain, or unable to care for themselves at all. Yes it would be a complicated process, but worth it to stop mass suffering, no?

I'm a bit of a miserable git, and i have a few non-serious, that seem trivial, conditions that make my life less pleasant. I also struggle with parenthood, and lack of personal time that brings. Ive had non-serious thoughts of ending things. by that i mean, i would never do it, but if things went sideways, I feel id be "ok with it", as i could stop worrying and stressing about everything. How people live with very difficult conditions and pain etc, is beyond me. I feel for these people deeply, and they should have the choice, even if they need to make the choice when of sound mind.

Everyone is different, some people cling to life and try to make the best of every single day, and have the mindset to fight through anything. Other people, may find life enough of a chore, and might want to call it a day with a condition that others might find workable. But i think everyone should have a choice.

There is also the matter of cost. The costs involved with torturing all these people that would much rather die must be massive.

Just my opinion.

Soldato
OP
I certainly have, my father - however I didn't go and post on OCUK about euthanasia referencing in extremely poor taste that the telly hasn't worked in over a year.
How is it poor taste to mention the TV ?
This comment has me a little baffled tbh.

He is not in any way tech savvy, can just about send a text off his very old phone, doesn't have internet at home etc.
ALL he does is watch TV, its his 1 single comfort in life the only thing he can do that would help to take his mind off his situation, and he wasn't able to do that in hospital.

So he was just lay in bed all day, in pain, not getting the assistance he should from the nurses , not able to eat, in a noisy ward where he wasn't able to sleep properly.

It sounds to me like a truly awful existence to me and its not fair.
Even worse now they have discharged him without any homecare in place for at least 3/4 weeks due to staff shortages and he cant walk without help as he is too weak.

I just feel really sorry for him. :(

Associate
There's a good Louis Theroux doc on this which is definitely worth a watch. It should be legal with the proper processes in place, and not gated by astronomical costs.

Associate
How is it poor taste to mention the TV ?
This comment has me a little baffled tbh.

He is not in any way tech savvy, can just about send a text off his very old phone, doesn't have internet at home etc.
ALL he does is watch TV, its his 1 single comfort in life the only thing he can do that would help to take his mind off his situation, and he wasn't able to do that in hospital.

So he was just lay in bed all day, in pain, not getting the assistance he should from the nurses , not able to eat, in a noisy ward where he wasn't able to sleep properly.

It sounds to me like a truly awful existence to me and its not fair.
Even worse now they have discharged him without any homecare in place for at least 3/4 weeks due to staff shortages and he cant walk without help as he is too weak.

I just feel really sorry for him. :(

Ignore dLockers, he's clearly not too bright.

Back
Top Bottom