Ever check your Pollen Filter?

Here's mine :)

IMAG0173.jpg

MW

carbon pollen filters are grey when they are new, bright white ones are non carbon and cheaper. comparing the colour doesnt tell a lot

350Z doesn't have a pollen filter... but I have noticed after it's gone in for a service the air conditioning smells like weed.

Not particularly good on a Friday night if you're stopped :D

carbon pollen filters are grey when they are new, bright white ones are non carbon and cheaper. comparing the colour doesnt tell a lot

Erm, it does if yours isn't a carbon one? Mine was a plain paper filter, old one was black, new one was white. Colour told me a lot :)

7cee74cf.jpg

Changed mine in my astra the other day, only had the car a couple of months and its clearly not been changed in a while!

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIxMjMwLTAwNzEyLmpwZw_zps539d5659.jpg

Certainly cured my windows steaming up :) I closed all the vents then put the blowers on full and all this shot out from where the pollen filter goes!

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIxMjMwLTAwNzEzLmpwZw_zpsa4138793.jpg

It's well worth checking indeed :)

Changed the one on our zafira a few days ago, I hope to hell the one I took out was an activated charcoal unit!

What we thought a broken diverter flap due to the lack of airflow clearing the screen was actually a total lack of airflow to any vent due to the blocked filter. The ac now clears the screen in under ten minutes!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom