Everyday Backpack. What do you have or use?

Soldato
I tend to use Karrimor as you can't argue with the price for what you get. For work I use the Covert 32.

8lyBIMq.jpg

Soldato
I use a North Face “Jester”. Mostly bought because it’s yellow (other colours available). It’s pretty decent size wise and can fit my 15” MacBook as well as gym kit. Elastic on the front also good for squash racket or random kid related stuff.

Soldato
I have a Trakke rucksack. Made in Scotland, I liked the style :) https://trakke.co.uk/collections/waxed-canvas-backpacks

Bought it 4 years ago, still going strong as an every day work/commute bag.
Stumbled across and super happy to see this.

I had a crumpler rucksack bought for me by work about 20 years ago. Only just threw it out and started using a samsonite black which honestly is rubbish.

I don’t like any of the Crumpler bags available now. But this looks like a great alternative.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I have a small nordace backpack that I think is amazing. Quite expensive but I love all the zips and hideyholes. Great for taking on a plane or a theme park etc.

I have this one:

^^^This is a bit too small for being a weekender bag, but you can get bigger versions (that are a little bit boxier).

Associate
I bought a swissgear backpack many, many years ago, it's been all over the world and put in overhead lockers hundreds of times, still perfectly functional and doesn't really have any wear and tear, it will probably outlast me. Not sure if they still make them like they used to but served me well. Wasn't even that expensive, think I bought it in WH Smith as an impulse buy as it was reduced to clear.

Associate
Eastpak Slim 16/17l.

Similar to this, didn't pay close to £72 for it though.

Soldato
I have an expandable Samsonite Pro DLX 6. It's decent enough. Well build, good storage spaces and stuff. Unfortunatley I didn;t realise there were different options with regards to pockets and things, so mine doesn't have a pocket for a water bottle on the exterior. Apart from that though, I can't complain. Been using it regularly flying around the world, and getting thrown onto helicopters and stuff, and it still looks brand new. It replaced a Swiss Gear / Wenger pack I had for 10 years that was just about starting to fall apart. I was looking for a replacement one of them, but my works supplier didn't stock swiss gear, so went Samsonite instead.

Man of Honour
I can't remember the exact name. But I use a 25L Osprey. It's a little technical for a day bag with straps everywhere. But it's lasted a long time, is very comfortable when the bag is full and works well. I have several Osprey bags for different purposes and they are all superb quality.

Caporegime
It seems that everyone loves their back pack!

Maybe there's no need to be so fussy?
I just bought mine online after reading some reviews

Soldato
Stumbled across and super happy to see this.
They seem like a decent brand tbh. And it’s the nice waxed canvas material, not cheap plastic/shiny stuff that you get on most “high street” brands.

Plus the dangly bits off the bottom of the shoulder straps have a nice solid metal buckle on - perfect for whipping people that haven’t moved out of the way on the escalator when I’m running for a tube :p

Transmission breaker
Don
Samsonite Biz2Go Backpack - 17.3 version.

It's awesome! I have tried a few types of backpacks over the years and am totally converted. I was tempted by the LTT Backpack, but this seemed better value, and had a better pedigree. I had a good look around the Samsonite range in person at the airport when my current Belkin Courier bag was annoying me, and holding them in my hand showed me the quality and thought that had gone into the various designs.

Huge laptop space (workst
External USB port, with waterproof cover
Internal charging bank pocket (for USB port)
Tablet sleeve pocket
Clothing elastic straps
MANY internal compartments with mesh and zip closure
Padded and Vented back section
Heavy duty straps, with easy adjustable chest-strap

I never thought I would wax-lyrical about a backpack, but here we are :D

Soldato
The wife stole my NF Jester that I've had since uni. I need a new backpack now that I'm back in the office. I'm done with cheap stuff and the horrible work Targus offerings. Colleague uses one of these and swears by it, quite fancy it:

Back
Top Bottom