• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3/SC2 iCX Preorder 3.28.2017

Soldato
Im sure it will, I doubt i will buy EVGA again however after this debacle not with the timings but the direct selling and screwing channel partners and the customer base they have.

I was tempted with the Asus Strix but i made the mistake of buying an asus 980ti Matrix Platinum and it having a problem and having to RMA it.

Caporegime
Im sure it will, I doubt i will buy EVGA again however after this debacle not with the timings but the direct selling and screwing channel partners and the customer base they have.

I was tempted with the Asus Strix but i made the mistake of buying an asus 980ti Matrix Platinum and it having a problem and having to RMA it.
Yer, that was naughty and not something I expected to see.

Soldato
The hard thing this time around was also that EVGA wasn't able to deal with OCUK very well, my other favourite brand and retailer, and being on this forum for a few years, I've always appreciated the CS and community from OCUK so again next time more likely to choose a brand that supports OCUK.

This will also influence my future purchases. I'm not impressed with the way EVGA handled things, and I'm more likely to support a company that provides 1st class customer service than I am to support any brand in particular.

I might deal with EVGA for GPU's, but I deal with OCUK for everything from motherboards to fan filters.

Man of Honour
looks like EVGA used the OcUK forums to advertise their product then undercut OcUK,
kinda sowing the seed that we should order from them direct in future? ouch.

Associate
I cancelled my ftw3 order due to timescales. Ordered a strix from ocuk. Im looking forward to hear people's reviews of the ftw3 card when it's finally released. Think EVGA dropped the ball on this one... too late to the party.

OcUK Staff
I wonder how quiet the FTW3 will be compared to the Zotac AMP Extreme...

Zotac owners seemed thrilled with how silent they are, but they are the size of a battleship so you'd expect so with a cooler with so much surface area. I think its fair to say the Zotac is one of quietest and coolest running 1080Ti on the market, quite an achievement because its also one of the fastest clocked and includes memory OC out the box too. Its only downer for some is its sheer mass, on the plus its got a 5yr warranty.

V F

V F

Soldato
It looks the part. As I said before its a shame the Zotac AMP Extreme isn't Caterpillar branded. :cool:

If I went for that card I'd have to do extensive dremelling to take out most of the drive bays on my Lian Li. Or get a new case which sadly not a lot of cases appeal to me. :/

I do still love the look of BTX.

V F

V F

Soldato
I'm assuming the EVGA power connector that allows you to place the pins from the side to the front of the case will work with this card correctly, yeah?

Soldato
I wonder how quiet the FTW3 will be compared to the Zotac AMP Extreme...
Zotac owners seemed thrilled with how silent they are, but they are the size of a battleship so you'd expect so with a cooler with so much surface area. I think its fair to say the Zotac is one of quietest and coolest running 1080Ti on the market, quite an achievement because its also one of the fastest clocked and includes memory OC out the box too. Its only downer for some is its sheer mass, on the plus its got a 5yr warranty.

You get the feeling it will be like Gigabytes Gaming Ti, not sure if they directly cool their VRM and RAM or still use a midplate but being 2 slot and similar design, will make for interesting review... Guessing theresba reason must increased flagship designs to 2.5-3 slot designs even with 3 fans .
If it does turn out to be the same as the Gaming but with a much much higher price tag.... Ouch...

**may bad, just saw tear down above and does have a wider PCB... Even then so do rest and went with a 2.5 slot design...

Soldato
OP
It's May 2nd and no original FTW3 preorders shipped? EVGA forums is slow on info? Elite FTW3 are 3 to 4 weeks at least

Edit: I'm hearing on the evga forums there saying the 12th of May at the earliest for EU/UK preorders. USA is shipping today. Not fair for EU/UK preorders :(

Last edited:

RSR

RSR

Soldato
It's still one of these or Vega for me, that PCB breakdown is insane! Good job I am in no rush at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom