Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Labour don't have the numbers to put together a coalition. Even with SNP + LibDems + Greens they don't have more than the Tories on their own.

So as the largest party the Tories get to form a minority govt. Only if they didn't want to could Labour try a minority govt, as I understand it.

Problem is Conservatives can't form a credible coalition this time with any options polarising the public and parliamentary vote.

Lib Dems were a good fit last time. DUP or SNP not even close.

Caporegime
But that's what I mean, if the Tories have their Queen's Speech downvoted, that means Labour can rule in a minority Government being the second largest party, right?
But they can't, because the Tories have more votes than the other parties combined. How can they down-vote it?

e: I mean more than Labour+Lib+SNP..., ie those who would oppose it.

Soldato
Well done UK, you managed to screw this up well and truly. The result is about the worst possible one, regardless of who you support.
Hardly the electorates fault if neither main party can deliver a majority. This really just highlights the need for proper electoral reform I'd. Ecsll in favour of a more representative voting system especially if it lead most often to coalition politics as for me decision by consensus and agreement is much more demsible.

Soldato
Well done UK, you managed to screw this up well and truly. The result is about the worst possible one, regardless of who you support.

Thank the idiots who voted Labour, they'll now know what it's like not to have a strong and stable government. You just handed the EU a blank cheque to screw us over, even remainers are going to suffer because of this result, but then the left love shooting themselves in the foot. They really do hate their own country don't they?

Soldato
Best result for the UK will be May steps aside, conservatives find a credible leader with public appeal like Cameron did and have another election.

They choose Rudd or Johnson and it's game over.

Brexit is collectively either paused or progressed in the interim.

Soldato
Thank the idiots who voted Labour, they'll now know what it's like not to have a strong and stable government. You just handed the EU a blank cheque to screw us over, even remainers are going to suffer because of this result, but then the left love shooting themselves in the foot. They really do hate their own country don't they?
Lol.

You sound bitter that May didn't walk it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom