Eyebrow Piercings

Soldato
Mine took about 8 months to heal fully iirc, this was a long time ago though, at school. I didn't wear anything through it for years, and then remembered, and alas, it hadn't healed up :). It hasn't grown out either.

Caporegime
All of you guys asying "Oh tattoos and piercings are ugly bla bla bla" I urge you, go to a tattoo/body art convention, your minds will be opened.

I will agree that a good 60% of people who get tattoos get aweful trash but some of the stuff people come up withm and what come tattoo artists can do is really amazing.

I mean look at this:

That is many things, fugly or stupid are not among them.

i can admire the artwork that goes in to some tattoos but i would rather see it on a peice of paper than on an attrractive womans body.

i cant admire a womans curves etc if they are covered in tattoos and i doubt im the only one.

a small out of the way tattoo near an ankle or somewhere discreet can look nice but big in your face ones are a total put off

...and yet you can't even spell the word 'tattoo' correctly! :rolleyes:

look at the time of my post , might have some indication as to why my spelling was off by a whole letter.

next time i need help i will fone teh grammer hawtline OKAY

Last edited:
Associate
I for one like tattoos and piercings; everyone's different. :)

Eyebrow piercings can grow out and leave a scar quite easily, but aside from that you're pretty safe.

Permabanned
OP
Well as has been said it's down to personal opinion, I used to have the whole "tattoos/piercings are for losers" approach but my opinion has changed.

I don't really see it as ruining my body as the worst than can happen is a small scar, I just wanted to know how long I'd have to keep one bar in until I could take it out for ~8 hours. The blue plaster method is fine for Morrisons, but not for the police unfortunately...

And in response to whoever asked why I work in Morrisons if I have a job with the police, I'm a Special Constable so it's a volunteer role.

Associate
Anyone with an eyebrow, nose, lip piercing lead me to the immediate and often unjustified conclusion that they are a tool. The same can be said to those who choose to tattoo their body in areas which can be seen when you wear a shirt.

If you want to look professional don't get it simple as, if you want to remain working in Morrison's fair enough, but I can't see the police being particularly fond of them.

Associate
I got my eyebrow pierced about 9 months ago, still got it in. I couldn't take it out for the first 4-5 weeks, I've changed the bar a few times but never took it out and left it out. I don't work (soon will) and if they say anything I'd just cover it up :)

Don't see how its gay to be honest.. suits me :p

Anyone with an eyebrow, nose, lip piercing lead me to the immediate and often unjustified conclusion that they are a tool. The same can be said to those who choose to tattoo their body in areas which can be seen when you wear a shirt.

If you want to look professional don't get it simple as, if you want to remain working in Morrison's fair enough, but I can't see the police being particularly fond of them.

And what resembles them to being a "tool"? :rolleyes:

Permabanned
OP

Hence the whole reason for my post, I would need to have it out while on duty.

Soldato
some folks I know have been left with marks after stopping wearing them so obviously they have ended up seriously regretting it

I have 2 small marks where mine was, but I have bushy eyebrows so you don't really see them. Wouldn't say I regretted having it done (a scary 14 years ago now), but I'm definitely glad I got a piercing and not a tattoo. :D

Permabanned
OP
I have 2 small marks where mine was, but I have bushy eyebrows so you don't really see them. Wouldn't say I regretted having it done (a scary 14 years ago now), but I'm definitely glad I got a piercing and not a tattoo. :D

Aye I'd never get a tattoo without a proper reason/meaning behind it, and tbh I doubt I'll ever find something that means enough to me. A piercing is a lot more temporary and leaves pretty negligible marks.

Permabanned
i can admire the artwork that goes in to some tattoos but i would rather see it on a peice of paper than on an attrractive womans body.

i cant admire a womans curves etc if they are covered in tattoos and i doubt im the only one.

a small out of the way tattoo near an ankle or somewhere discreet can look nice but big in your face ones are a total put off.

I absolutely, and totally agree. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.

Back
Top Bottom