F1 2009 Season discussion/development thread

Man of Honour
Hi all,

I thought it would be best to create a new thread to discuss the news and developments running up to the first race of the new season.

======[ 2009 LAUNCH INFO ]======

Launch dates

Code:
Ferrari		January 12th
McLaren 	January 16th
BMW 		January 20th
Renault 	January 19th
Toyota 		January 15th
Toro Rosso 	March 9th
Red Bull 	February 9th
Williams 	January 19th
Brawn GP
Force India 	March 1st

Launch photos

Ferrari - launch photos | tech review

ferrari09.jpg

Toyota - launch photos | tech review

toyota09.jpg

McLaren - launch photos | tech review

mclaren09.jpg

Renault - launch photos | tech review

renault09.jpg

Williams - launch photos | tech review

williamsf109.jpg

BMW - launch photos | tech review

bmw09.jpg

Redbull Racing - launch photos | tech review

redbull09.jpg

Force India - launch photos | tech review

forceindia09.jpg

Brawn GP - launch photos | tech review

brawngp09.jpg

Toro Rosso - launch photos | tech review

toro09.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
The rear wing looks completely out of place and having a wider front wing to me sounds like another recipe for disaster with the risk of it being damaged easier in wheel to wheel racing.

Man of Honour
could this be red bulls year with Newey or is he past his best nowadays?

I hope not.

I'm going to be supporting Red Bull this year, mainly because they have my 2 favourite drivers, Vettel and Webber. Vettel who promises to be a star in the making and seems to have a good sense of humour, as for Webber I think he's hilarious and great personality and pretty damn quick too.

Soldato
I hope not.

I'm going to be supporting Red Bull this year, mainly because they have my 2 favourite drivers, Vettel and Webber. Vettel who promises to be a star in the making and seems to have a good sense of humour, as for Webber I think he's hilarious and great personality and pretty damn quick too.

Webber is a awesome bloke, funny as ****. Vettel i have yet to meet but looking forward to it. Today i met Sebastian Loeb, how effin cool is that!

The winglets etc have been removed for the 2009 regs to supposedly reduce aero grip.

Man of Honour
Haha nice one, how come Loeb is going to be around then?

Ohh and first dibs on any pit passes you may be offering for 09 ;)

Soldato
anyone know why aerodynamic devices have been removed from the body? they looked ugly anyway imo

I'm probably waaaaaaaaaaaay off the mark but weren't the aerodynamic pieces off the body removed as they completely and utterly disrupted airflow for any drivers behind? They hope to allow airflow to not be as badly affected promoting overtaking? Probably talking rubbish there mind.

Associate
I'm probably waaaaaaaaaaaay off the mark but weren't the aerodynamic pieces off the body removed as they completely and utterly disrupted airflow for any drivers behind? They hope to allow airflow to not be as badly affected promoting overtaking? Probably talking rubbish there mind.

well thats why the rear spoilers have changed so you could be right!!!

Soldato
Reckon the RB5 won't look too dissimilar to the new Williams?

I think a lot of the 2009 cars will be pretty similar, there are a lot of shall we say "flexible" rules for 2009 as usual with the FIA. Was taking a look at some of the moulds today for the RB5 and it is quite different to RB4, although not as noticeable once fitted up.

Soldato
From that shot of the Williams, would it be fair to say that they already are well into developing their 2009 car? I was under the impression that for most teams, the 2009 chassis havent even come out of their moulds yet?

Back
Top Bottom