F1 2009 Season discussion/development thread

JRS

JRS

Soldato
All the best to JRS and his attempt to maintain his sanity here throughout the season.

"Maintain"? I lost that long ago. Why else would I still be here trying to help inject some semblance of balance into these threads against the tidal wave of paranoia towards the FIA for being biased towards Ferrari. Some of those folks ought to look into this bias towards Renault IMO, there's a bit more evidence there....

And there's a bit of me that keeps me in these threads simply to avoid giving sunama, Wicksta et al the satisfaction of having driven me out. Petty of me, I know. Nobody's perfect :o

Lopéz - yep, F1 always punishes the innovators in the end. About the only 'driver aid' that has survived the cull is the semi-automatic paddle shift gearchange (oh noes, a Ferrari invention, it must be a conspiracy!!!1111eleven).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I understand the diffuser concept, I was just pointing out the difference of diffuser and possibly if that center piece is simply a cover up of the second plane, though I can kind of see how it isnt looks from a side perspective. Also the new center section looks different from the other legal diffusers and the extensions on the edges, this might be because of the new cut outs infront of the rear tyres and the center sections looks like it could be taking more use of the venturi principle, though I'm not an expert:D.

I've heard that Force India have had one of the double-decker diffusers in the wind tunnel since January and BMW have one ready to go.

However, you just can't unbolt one and bolt another one on. The double-deckers would require a large amount of development at the front of the car to get the airflow correct.

I suspect that McLaren will look very hard at getting one fitted. As it's meant to be worth 20% of the total downforce if you get it right. Which McLaren haven't.

Man of Honour
Why overly award consistency? The current system rewards consistency too much in my opinion. Consistency doesn't make for a good show. I'd prefer more flamboyant, hero or zero stuff - which is what the medal system is more likely to produce.

So what your saying is that if a driver wins 9 out of 17 races and does'nt even finish the other's he should win the championship because he won more races than anyone else. This is what Bernie wants. He want's the winner of most races to be the champion. Sorry but that's complete and utter tosh!! They need to change the oints system to one like Moto Gp has so that there are a larger amount of points difference between 1st and 2nd and so on. They also give point's down to 15th place which could be useful next year if we have 26 cars on the grid like Bernie has said. We would have some good racing all the way through the field then.

Permabanned
And there's a bit of me that keeps me in these threads simply to avoid giving sunama, Wicksta et al the satisfaction of having driven me out. Petty of me, I know. Nobody's perfect :o

Oh come on JRS, I don't know why you always mention me - I'm not even a Ferrari hater! I certainly wouldn't want to see you leave the threads, I'm allowed to take the **** out of your posting habits without you getting narky, or so I thought. :)

So who is staying up for FP1? I'm all ready :D

3388061794_7ed7eae6ab_b.jpg

Soldato
Would be, but I couldn't get out of work tomorrow and I'm not hardcore enough to stay up all night, work all day, then stay up for quali :)
Now come on, clear out of this thread. Season development is over!

Man of Honour
Oh come on JRS, I don't know why you always mention me - I'm not even a Ferrari hater! I certainly wouldn't want to see you leave the threads, I'm allowed to take the **** out of your posting habits without you getting narky, or so I thought. :)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3420/3388061794_7ed7eae6ab_b.jpg

60" Plasma - Check
SkyHD - Check
Laptop - Check
Desktop PC and 2 monitors - Check
Fresh espresso coffee - Check
Assorted nibbles - Check
Informed that I have an 8am meeting in London tomorrow - Check

Arse. :(

Free Practice 1 may be possible though.

Soldato

Well, I'll catch the last few minutes of practice 2 when I'm up for work. :(

Recording them though, I'll watch them when I get home.

Soldato

3388061794_7ed7eae6ab_b.jpg
is that up now???

nothing is showing up on my freeview box, im guessing that i wont be able to watch practice?

Associate

This would be a particularly troubling situation for Red Bull, whose car has been designed with a rear suspension system that makes it impossible to build a similar diffuser.

Red Bull's rear suspension operates a unique pull-rod system - where the arms pull down on the dampers, as opposed to the push-rods used by all other teams - which would require a major redesign if it was to be changed to incorporate a diffuser such as that used by Brawn, Williams and Toyota.

BBC fail then at news :p

Good on ya for join them though. :)
Makes it a lot more interesting to how much of a difference it makes.

Back
Top Bottom