Poll: F1 2022 - Pre-season testing and discussion

Who will win the 2022 Formula 1 constructor's title ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I've gone for Ferrari. They've seemingly made a good step up in the direction change they went for their engine. Not fighting for a title has meant more resources to focus on next year's car, plus being so poor has given them more wind tunnel time.

I'm expecting Sainz to finish above LeClerc as I think consistency is going to be key. LeClerc is more error prone. Whether Ferrari will gimp one to help the other is another matter.

Alpine is an interesting one. Personally I don't think that team is ever going to get it right. I think there's too much bureaucracy and committee. I fully expect Alonso to destroy Ocon given a normal build up to the season, rather than starting with a broken jaw held together by plates.

I'm unsure about McLaren. They've either been decent or nowhere. I wonder how much the group's financial problems have harmed them.

Soldato
I don't understand the value of any poll yet, thus I will not be casting any vote. Until we see the cars running and able to judge any testing results a poll is merely guesswork.

Soldato
Have they confirmed what they are doing with sprint races yet? I heard that it was likely to be tweaked to just be based on Friday times establishing the grid order just for the sprint, with the with proper race grid unaffected by the sprint result.

Commissario
OP
Have they confirmed what they are doing with sprint races yet? I heard that it was likely to be tweaked to just be based on Friday times establishing the grid order just for the sprint, with the with proper race grid unaffected by the sprint result.
The last speculation I heard...

Six races with a sprint.
Qualifying on Friday determines the starting grid for the main race on Sunday.
Sprint on Saturday with a starting grid that's reverse of qualifying.
Separate competition for the sprint races only, points not going to the main championship.

Soldato
The last speculation I heard...

Six races with a sprint.
Qualifying on Friday determines the starting grid for the main race on Sunday.
Sprint on Saturday with a starting grid that's reverse of qualifying.
Separate competition for the sprint races only, points not going to the main championship.
That’s actually a format I could get behind. The sprint race affecting the championship points and the starting grid for the real race never sat comfortably with me.

If they do it in reverse-order and some of the back-markers/mid-field get to win something it would be interesting. Although you have to question how serious the front runners and competitive mid-fielders will take it.

Man of Honour
I don't think he'll retire. He's said many times he's really enjoyed the battle this season. Probably doesn't wanna retire now anyway as it would make him look like a sore loser, whatever happened.

Soldato
I don't think he'll retire. He's said many times he's really enjoyed the battle this season. Probably doesn't wanna retire now anyway as it would make him look like a sore loser, whatever happened.
+1

He's another Vettel / Alonso.. they just love the sport and clearly won't retire until kicked out!

Soldato
You know his mindset at the moment?

He will be back in 2022. Thats for sure.
I wouldn't blame him if he didn't, I know what I think doesn't matter, but it's the worst sporting miscarriage of justice I have ever seen and I have lost all respect and belief in any of it.
I'm pretty sure from what toto said, they feel the same.
I for one won't believe what I am seeing next year. If Lewis wins it will be a stitch up to compensate for this year, a back room deal if you like. If he doesn't it's a stitch up to make the show better.
F1 has lost its magic quality which gave it it's value I naively perhaps believed in that and now the bubble has burst.
Sorry to go OT but nowhere else to vent.

Associate
I wouldn't blame him if he didn't, I know what I think doesn't matter, but it's the worst sporting miscarriage of justice I have ever seen and I have lost all respect and belief in any of it.
I for one won't believe what I am seeing next year. If Lewis wins it will be a stitch up to compensate for this year, a back room deal if you like. If he doesn't it's a stitch up to make the show better.
F1 has lost its magic quality which gave it it's value I naively perhaps believed in that and now the bubble has burst.
Much like Ferrari's back room deal where they had to run a severely gimped engine in 2020 as punishment for their illegal engine in 2018 and 2019, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Mercedes were allowed some extra power in 2022 as compensation for the championship robbery this year.

Soldato
whats funny is that had fia dont ****** about this season, ham would win his 8th and then max comes for revenge this year and wins his first title fair and square learning from his mistakes this season. and all without the fia ******* it up.

Now u may very much see fia making a deal with ham/merc and letting him win it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom