Poll: F1 2022 - Pre-season testing and discussion

Who will win the 2022 Formula 1 constructor's title ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Yep this could have been a legendary year for the right reasons, f1 could have had the the great Verstappen Hamilton battles leading to a record 8th championship but instead they contrived to make a pigs ear of the whole thing.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I don't understand the value of any poll yet, thus I will not be casting any vote. Until we see the cars running and able to judge any testing results a poll is merely guesswork.
You're fun, aren't you?

The poll closes before winter testing starts.. hence the fun. It's no fun if you can see that McLaren etc have created a world beater :p

Associate
Good lord FIA

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/s...milton-if-he-breached-fia-gala-rules/6886492/

"One of Sulayem's first responsibilities since taking over will be to judge whether or not Hamilton's absence from the event goes against the regulations.

Speaking about the situation in his first official press conference at president, Sulayem said: "At the end of the day, rules are rules."

If anything is levelled at Hamilton, then he really would throw in the towel.

Also in the poll, Alpha Tauri should be first, not Alpine

Man of Honour
Hard to bet against Mercedes. They didn’t seem to develop this years car much and 8 WCCs in a row is just crazy dominance. Just to screw the FIA I’d love to see Mercedes miles up the road from everyone else. I’m still feeling bitter about the whole thing.

Soldato
If Merc are still miles ahead then frankly the FIA/Liberty have failed with the rule changes
Weellll there will always be certain cars faster than the other, a combination of best driver and best engineers, what makes you think the other drivers are going to get to Lewis or Max level anytime soon.
Maybe Charles and maybe George, but Charles has been made to look average by Carlos.

Nothing will change.

Caporegime
One interesting issue with the current safety car/accident procedure rules and penalty rules, is that they showed how they benefit p2 a lot when p1 and p2 are close, but both are miles ahead of the rest.

I'm not saying anything should be changed in that regard as I think this past season has been unique but its was interesting to see. However if there had even been a remotely competitive p3 (well, and p4, p5 etc) in the last two races Max would have stood zero chance.

Soldato
One interesting issue with the current safety car/accident procedure rules and penalty rules, is that they showed how they benefit p2 a lot when p1 and p2 are close, but both are miles ahead of the rest.

I'm not saying anything should be changed in that regard as I think this past season has been unique but its was interesting to see. However if there had even been a remotely competitive p3 (well, and p4, p5 etc) in the last two races Max would have stood zero chance.
Hence Bottas cementing his place as the most useless teammate of all time. He really did not care.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

You can make the argument about the fastest lap too. A few times this past season Max was able to pit for fresh tyres and bang in a fastest lap because P3 was miles behind.

I'm not saying it's unfair but it's the same logic. We just need a closer pack to stop this happening really.

Caporegime
You can make the argument about the fastest lap too. A few times this past season Max was able to pit for fresh tyres and bang in a fastest lap because P3 was miles behind.

I'm not saying it's unfair but it's the same logic. We just need a closer pack to stop this happening really.

Yeh that's true too.

Far too big a gulf between Ham and Max and the rest of the field this year. To an almost embarrassing extent for everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom