Poll: F1 2022 - Pre-season testing and discussion

Who will win the 2022 Formula 1 constructor's title ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Voted for El Plan. They had been running the same chassis for the last 3 seasons, so i'm hoping that resources are actually being put into a title effort. Although I don't think Alonso would stick around if that wasn't the case.

I have hated Alonso since 2006 for beating Schumi, but now appreciate seeing how good he is and how unfortunate he has been with his team moves which I still find somewhat tragically funny, and the cars he has been provided. Ocon seems to have a knack for being in the right place at the right time during races.

Associate
Noises coming out of the simulators suggests cars are as quick, if not quicker than last year. Also following cars may not be as easy as intended. Given new rules, the gap between teams is going to be wider. Would have been great to have 4-5 teams battling constantly for wins but its looking unlikely.

Soldato
Noises coming out of the simulators suggests cars are as quick, if not quicker than last year. Also following cars may not be as easy as intended. Given new rules, the gap between teams is going to be wider. Would have been great to have 4-5 teams battling constantly for wins but its looking unlikely.
You wouldn't get that even if the cars were identical, Hamilton and Verstappen would dominate.

The only way that might happen is success ballast, but in btcc Sutton has dominated despite that, the best will always consistently rise to the top.
I love f1, but the people who run it are misguided and don't understand its appeal properly. It has to be something really special not toy cars.

Soldato
What noises are these? Any credible links be interested to read them.

Soldato
Even the teams simulators are not modelling air flow behind the cars: this doesn't really tell us much at all about how hard they'll be to follow in.
Lol how do you think they design the cars, back of a fag packet or oh let's guess supercomputer with the latest cfd software doing hundreds of design iterations, of course they model the flow at the back of the car.
However the simulators probably don't model other cars at all.

Caporegime
Even the teams simulators are not modelling air flow behind the cars: this doesn't really tell us much at all about how hard they'll be to follow in.

Read the drivers comments, and they almost all say the cars feel just as fast cornering as they do currently.
Lando was saying trying to follow someone close going through corners at that speed is not going to be easy.

Although Lando is the only one suggesting the car feels rather loose at the back, like an F2 compared to last years F1.

The only thing I would add is that the simulators are only running car models so far, none of that data has been corroborated or calibrated against real world data, which could change a lot of parameters quite considerably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom