F1 Qualifying 2019

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Regarding teams not setting times in Q2....

Just give them a 5 place drop if they don’t set a time.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Some action is better than no action though. Even if it means cars getting blocked.

Associate
The problem with F1 today is the amount of regulations. I don't care how many engine a team uses, or the amount of tyres on a race weekend. I want to see good racing. The grid place drops for changing a blown up engine or gearbox is just stupid. Also I really do miss refuelling, it added another layer of strategy that is sorely missing.

Soldato
The problem with F1 today is the amount of regulations. I don't care how many engine a team uses, or the amount of tyres on a race weekend. I want to see good racing. The grid place drops for changing a blown up engine or gearbox is just stupid. Also I really do miss refuelling, it added another layer of strategy that is sorely missing.
Yeah it's annoying but due to the costs everyone other than works teams wouldn't be able to be competitive and you'd have the works teams spending well over $500m/year.

I think that when they came up with the 'grid penalties for engine/gearbox swaps' idea they weren't expecting people to need so many engine/gearbox swaps. They definitely need to change something though as the grid penalties are getting/have got daft.

Soldato
I think that when they came up with the 'grid penalties for engine/gearbox swaps' idea they weren't expecting people to need so many engine/gearbox swaps. They definitely need to change something though as the grid penalties are getting/have got daft.

Such is the pointless fragmented approach of F1. Drive the sport into the most complex power unit, and thus expensive, it has ever seen, and then try to curb costs by restricting and further restricting how many can be used each season. Which of course then results in cars being run far from their limit.

F1 is a victim of its relentless progress in many areas. We have the aero that has ended up removing much of the racing. We have tyres that thanks to data driven algorithms and constant multiple sensors are only ever used at their peak in qualifying. Multiple different engine maps written for each individual circuit. Everything area that F1 allows development has the potential to reduce competitive racing.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

you said " The race before Monaco would be a race for last place :D"
He said that reverse grids are stupid because teams would purposefully try to finish low down in the race before Monaco, to give themselves position advantage (on a track where overtaking is nigh impossible).

Caporegime
Wouldn't mind a reverse grid with points from qualifying actually.

Would mean it's worth qualifying best you can. And yours get something for being the best car even if you chew your tyres up in the race.

Everyone would certainly come out to qualify then!

Back
Top Bottom