F1 Testing 2019: Week 2 Barcelona (26th - 1st)

Soldato
Why would Mercedes play the dead fox game? Are they so naive to think that Ferrari would stop their development sitting on laurels? Wow!
More likely that they are happy that the results from their running so far matches what the CFD predicted it would be. As such they don't need to spend every second chasing lap time, although I'd expect them all to pull something out of the bag on the C5 tyres on the last day.

Soldato
Leclerc putting in a 1:17:2 on the same tyre as Hamilton putting in a 1:18:0.

We cant tell anything really from these times, other than the cars seem to be faster again then last year. Quickest testing time last year a 1:17:1 on they hypersoft. Comparatively the C2 Leclerc used is roughly in line with last years medium, ish.

Soldato
They're still .3s off Ferrari though. McLarens pace seems more promising as they're only .7s off, and that's .8s faster than Alonso went in Q3 last season. Part of me thinks they're running under weight to try and grab some headlines and sponsors, though.

Man of Honour
OP
Best times from each driver in the 2nd Test:

D0l6ioVX4AIlrlE.jpg:large

Although Seb and Lewis posted some very impressive times on C3/C4 tyres also.

Soldato
Well them final times make it interesting. Both teams i imagine still got a lot to show.

Less than a tenth off last year's pole position. These cars meant to be slower?

Back
Top Bottom