F1 TV

• Thread starter Deleted member 651465
  • Start date

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Full Q&A just released, which sounds pretty interesting.

Just a shame they're locked in with Sky because I'd snap this up in a heartbeat :(

https://www.racefans.net/2018/03/19/new-formula-one-sport-f1-tv-full-qa/

F1 TV Pro, which will be the marquee premium product, available in about 40 countries at launch and will include for the first time ever live Formula One races available without a cable subscription or free-to-air. That package will have 24 feeds, so it will have the world feed available in four languages: English, French, German and Spanish. It will have 20 onboard cameras all available on a live bases and then three additional feeds, one of which will likely be a data channel, and the other two are still in development. So actually it’s a bit groundbreaking from a sports perspective in that for the first time ever one individual sport will be streaming 24 different feeds from the same event on a live, simultaneous basis.

The second package will be F1 TV access which is our lower tier service. This will be available on a near-global basis, will include race replays, archive content as well as some of the existing F1 Access products around the data channel and live radio streaming.

The Pro product will be available for between $8-12 per month, or $100 per year. That will be converted into the relevant currencies. The Access product will be $2-3 per month, around $20 per year. And we’re in the process of beta trialling it now with the goal to launch for Australia on March 22nd.

Man of Honour
be nice if we get the non pro version that would do me, chances are their wont be many races I can watch live this year(which also rules out sky-now tv and i'm not paying what is it like £30 a month just to watch f1 on sky), but I doubt we will even get that.

I have no issues trying to get hold off it, I'm still paying for it, just have to wait and see how good their protection is.

Soldato
His blinding arrogance is nearly as bad as his artificial excitement inducing shouty voice. Nearly as annoying as Ted.

He won't be able to see the drivers helmets this year, so he will make a bigger pigs ear of it.
I wished that guy that worked for FOM would come back on here.As I'd like the engine sound turned up!

Man of Honour
He won't be able to see the drivers helmets this year, so he will make a bigger pigs ear of it.
I wished that guy that worked for FOM would come back on here.As I'd like the engine sound turned up!

I wouldn't mind some engine sound that has to be turned down. Being on the Indianapolis straight without earplugs was something to behold.

LzR

LzR

Associate
F1 TV are saying they can stop people accessing via VPN, seems a tad optimistic, how successful are they likely to be?

Man of Honour
F1 TV are saying they can stop people accessing via VPN, seems a tad optimistic, how successful are they likely to be?
we don't know.
most just block ip ranges from the big vpn companies.
it all depends what else they do, they can look at the header your browser sends, then off course there's checking payment etc. chances are there will be workarounds, it's just how hard will it be.
so it's one of those we will have to wait and see.

Soldato
$100/year is a lot better deal than I was expecting.

They'll be adding a huge back catalog too (36 years of full length races!).

I quickly skimmed the article and didn't see any mention of a launch date. Anyone know when that is?

Man of Honour
$100/year is a lot better deal than I was expecting.

They'll be adding a huge back catalog too (36 years of full length races!).

I quickly skimmed the article and didn't see any mention of a launch date. Anyone know when that is?
22nd but not uk and they will be trying to block us from purchasing. Wish EU would tackle that (or at a minimum their old proposal of anything inside eu), I can buy physical stuff from anywhere in the world, digital should be no different. should end this monopoly racket.

Soldato
22nd but not uk and they will be trying to block us from purchasing. Wish EU would tackle that (or at a minimum their old proposal of anything inside eu), I can buy physical stuff from anywhere in the world, digital should be no different. should end this monopoly racket.
Oh nice. I'm in the US so I'll probably buy it for a month and see how it is.

Completely agree on the blocking of digital stuff. And they wonder why people pirate stuff...

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

OP
They’re obviously contractually obligated, so I understand their argument (to a point).

As one of the questions from the FAQ in the article asks; $100 from an Englishman is the same as an American... where’s the problem? Basically the looooooong agreement with Sky.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

OP
Rumours going around that the full "F1 TV Pro" launch won't be met for Australia.

LzR

LzR

Associate
I'm happy to live with C4's free coverage this year. But if we're stuck with just the one (Sky) option next year, my interest in F1 due to that, and the majority of races being precessional snore fests, will probably decline to the point of not bothering at all.

Soldato
They’re obviously contractually obligated, so I understand their argument (to a point).

As one of the questions from the FAQ in the article asks; $100 from an Englishman is the same as an American... where’s the problem? Basically the looooooong agreement with Sky.
I was just having a moan about the state of things in general, not just F1. Like all my iTunes purchases not being available because I moved to the US even though all of the content is available in the US but lets not get off topic :D

Back
Top Bottom